Windows 10: word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two?

Discus and support word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why did most of my word documents automatically change to Calibre in the last day or two? I can't find Edge or any other word processing to open with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jcmoho, Jun 12, 2019.

1. jcmoho Win User

word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two?

Why did most of my word documents automatically change to Calibre in the last day or two? I can't find Edge or any other word processing to open with even?

:)

jcmoho, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Eksy61 Win User

Converting Word DOC to Ebook using calibre

Try converting the DOC file to HTML and look at the HTML code to see what happened to the video links.

You can convert the DOC file to HTML directly in Microsoft Word.
    Then try doing the same conversion in Calibre. Compare the treatment of the video links in both HTML versions.

If the Word conversion to HTML does what you want but the Calibre conversion to HTML doesn't, you can always fix up the Calibre conversion to HTML manually with any text editor so it works like the Word conversion.

Eksy61, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Convert .doc to .docx ribbon to 2016's default settings?

I use Microsoft Home & Student 2016. I have some Word 2000 documents I want to convert to Word 2016.
    --- I just opened a Word 2000 .doc and converted it to .docx.

word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two? [​IMG]

Then I changed the Word 2000 text TNR fonts to Word 2016's text fonts to Calibri 11 manually.

But then the ribbon headings in the converted 2000 .doc document hadn't converted to the 2016.docx ribbon headings.

word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two? [​IMG]

My Word 2016 ribbon headings are

Is it possible to set the converted .doc to .docx ribbon to 2016's default settings?

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 12, 2019
  4. word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two?

docx doc

unable to open docx on my moto Q. Took the download and it says i dont have office 2007 on the phone. up to this point i was able to open 2003 docs from word and excel HELP ME plz

backspace1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two?

1. word doc. and docx. automatically changed to Calibre in the last day or two? - Similar Threads - word doc docx

2. Windows 11 - Suddenly, search shows Word docs .docx with Internet Explorer icons and NO...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Suddenly, search shows Word docs .docx with Internet Explorer icons and NO...: Just look at the image:Any ideas are appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-suddenly-search-shows-word-docs-docx/30a54cc3-f925-4bf1-a7b1-12003d60c901
  3. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  4. DocX versus ODT versus Doc

DocX versus ODT versus Doc: It's been a minute since I needed to use Word. Imagine my surprise when there are now two word type documents and although I understand the main differences between the two - I don't understand why my laptop isn't saving them all as word docs. There may be something funky in...
  5. Issues last two days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues last two days: Hi, Last two days sites I use a lot are blocked ie: bbc news, yahoo mail and others. Some work but are very slow to start. ie Gmail, Audible. I have used Edge and Chrome no difference. Tried disabling virus/firewall. No difference. All worked fine before. Not changed or...
  6. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  7. OneDrive - Word doc missing three days of versions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Word doc missing three days of versions: Hi - first time posting and this feels like a really odd problem, so please bear with if I don't explain it very well. For the last few days I've been working on several Word docs, all with autosave switched on. All but one of them have saved correctly to Onedrive, with...
  8. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  9. Converting Word DOC to Ebook using calibre

Converting Word DOC to Ebook using calibre: Hi I have a lengthy word DOC, which I want to convert to a EPub Ebook. It has several embedded video links to online video. the links work perfectly in Word, but the converted Ebook just has black windows where the video links were. I also tried acrobat Pro with the same...
  10. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...