Windows 10: word docs changing to exe application files on USB

Discus and support word docs changing to exe application files on USB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I copy my word doc onto my flash drive (which I have done many times before) but now when I go to open the flash drive the file are either .exe OR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kneenee Mcl, Mar 10, 2019.

1. word docs changing to exe application files on USB

I copy my word doc onto my flash drive (which I have done many times before) but now when I go to open the flash drive the file are either .exe OR application OR they seem to "disappear" I know they are still there because when I "search" docs come up! I am in China and need to use my USB to open my files on another computer in the classroom as I am a teacher. This hasnt happened before Is this a virus?

:)

kneenee Mcl, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

how do i change a notepad to a doc

Hello,

You can simply convert .txt file to a word file by simply using a .doc as an extension. Follow these steps:

• Open file using Notepad.
    • Click File.
    • Hit Save as, then rename the file. (Make sure to use .doc or .docx as an extension)
    • Click Save.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions or future concerns.

Dyan Rey, Mar 10, 2019
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Mar 10, 2019
  4. word docs changing to exe application files on USB

File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

word docs changing to exe application files on USB

1. word docs changing to exe application files on USB - Similar Threads - word docs changing

2. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  3. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  4. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. convert *.wpf file to *.doc word file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert *.wpf file to *.doc word file: How can I convert old WordPerfect *.WFP files to Word *.DOC files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-wpf-file-to-doc-word-file/0752f9eb-baf6-4d6b-9816-93530495ea8a
  6. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  9. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  10. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...