Windows 10: Word document are have internet explorer icons

Discus and support Word document are have internet explorer icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change this? It happened after I did a system restore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jjuk007, Nov 27, 2018.

1. jjuk007 Win User

Word document are have internet explorer icons

How do I change this? It happened after I did a system restore.

:)

jjuk007, Nov 27, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Word document are have internet explorer icons wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Nov 27, 2018
  4. VenessaO Win User

Office 365 Open document in Word not working in Internet Explorer 11

When I open a MS Word Document in Office 365 (SharePoint Online), it opens it opens up in Word online as usual. When I click on "Open in MS Word" absolutely nothing happens. I fixed this in the Firefox browser by activating the MS Office 2013 add-on, but
    can't find a solution for Internet Explorer 11. I tried changing the security settings for trusted sites in IE, but that didn't work. (Same results from computers with Windows 7 and 10). Any suggestions will be appreciated!

VenessaO, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Word document are have internet explorer icons - Similar Threads - Word document are

2. word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  4. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  5. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  6. Downloading documents with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading documents with internet explorer: Hi. When I was downloading documents I accidently clicked open with internet explorer always. And now I can't get rid of it. My question is how do I turn it back to the default settings so it doesn't open with internet explorer?...
  7. Word document

in Windows 10 Support
    Word document: I typed a letter using Word. When I went to documents to open this letter to print Microsoft word kept opening a window telling me to sign into my micrisoft acct and either use for free for a month or pay. Why can't I access any documents, is there a way around this, it never...
  8. Internet Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer Icon: I use Microsoft Edge, but for some reason the internet explorer icon has popped up on my task bar. I have tried deleting it, but it won't go away! How do I get rid of internet explorer?...
  9. mega files have internet explorer icon

mega files have internet explorer icon: cant download zip folders it keeps becoming internet explorer icon 108204
  10. No Word document preview in file explorer

No Word document preview in file explorer: ​Since updating to win 10 anniversary edition I cannot get a preview of Word documents in File Explorer - all other files show a preview. This is on a Sony Vaio all in one PC with Office 2010. The mystery is that I also have a Vaio laptop running the identical operating...