Windows 10: Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image...

Discus and support Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 file explorer I used to be able to see my word document, pdf document and image which would fill up most of the space in the Details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulineRada, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image...

In Windows 10 file explorer I used to be able to see my word document, pdf document and image which would fill up most of the space in the Details Pane on the far right which was very useful. Now I only get a tiny thumbnail pdf and image but no word document only details. What changed?

:)

PaulineRada, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

I could use some help adding the description field for .jpg images to the details preview. I have followed your instructions step by step several times, but it doesn't work.
    Does it matter that whether the file extension is .jpg .JPG or .jpeg ?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm trying to display and edit the IPTC and/or EXIF description data field of an image, in order to benefit from its SEO value online.
    Here is how it looks on my PC:

Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image... [​IMG]

Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image... [​IMG]

HagenPflueger, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image...

Preview Pane in Windows Explorer

My preview pane in Windows Explorer is not displaying the preview of contents of Microsoft office documents such as Word, Excel or Power point. It however displays the contents of PDF and Jpeg documents. What can I do so that the Microsoft office documents
    would also be displayed in the preview pane?

kayode_adeoluwa, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image...

1. Word document doesn't display in Details Pane far right in windows explorer. pdf and image... - Similar Threads - Word document doesn't

2. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. in preview pane of windows explorer word documents comments are not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    in preview pane of windows explorer word documents comments are not showing: in preview pane word documents comments are not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-preview-pane-of-windows-explorer-word-documents/7ce7fa88-e163-43e8-8dcd-94bdcee5fc9b
  6. in preview pane of windows explorer word documents comments are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in preview pane of windows explorer word documents comments are not showing: in preview pane word documents comments are not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-preview-pane-of-windows-explorer-word-documents/7ce7fa88-e163-43e8-8dcd-94bdcee5fc9b
  7. in preview pane of windows explorer word documents comments are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  9. how does file explorer preview pane display PDF documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how does file explorer preview pane display PDF documents?: The file explorer preview pane can display thumbnails of PDF documents. I'd love to know how it does that because I'd like to be able to capture the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs and save the capture to an image format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc). I'd like to...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119