Windows 10: Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

Discus and support Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello: Recently, after Windows 10's latest upgrade, I haven't been able to open word documents directly. What I get when I click onto a file is a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wordcrafter, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

Hello:

Recently, after Windows 10's latest upgrade, I haven't been able to open word documents directly. What I get when I click onto a file is a blank word screen. I now have to go through word itself, find the file and open it up. How can I get Windows 10 to open files anywhere as it had before? Is there a way to get Windows 10 to open my document files directly again? If this is, in fact, an update problem, how can I delete the update. I've tried everything I can think of. Help!

----

:)

Wordcrafter, Aug 5, 2018

2. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Opening Word documents after upgrade to Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 without issue but cannot open Word documents attached to mails. Any suggestions?

Spencer W. Sullivan, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

Opening a Word Document

Thank you for replying. The first line of my post did say

• "I need to open a Word Document on a government website to complete a form."

SheenaRead, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

1. Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Word document doesn't

2. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  3. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  4. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  5. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  6. Opening Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Word documents: Hi - As of yesterday evening I have been unable to open any documents either Word or PDF on my Lenovo ideapad laptop. Can anyone advise how to solve this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-documents/46f3303a-40c6-42bf-b342-3a6e5e41a494
  7. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  8. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  9. Cannot open Word documents in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Word documents in Windows 10: Have recently been unable to open Word docs. When double click on file, nothing happens, and no error message shows. I currently have one open Word doc on my desktop Would appreciate advice....thanks Harry...
  10. Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word document doesn't open directly in Windows 10: Hello: Recently, after Windows 10's latest upgrade, I haven't been able to open word documents directly. What I get when I click onto a file is a blank word screen. I now have to go through word itself, find the file and open it up. How can I get Windows 10 to open files...