Windows 10: WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

Discus and support WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I HAVE MS WORD ...... I SAVED A DOCUMENT TODAY, IT DOES NOT OPEN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MRF#########, Jun 24, 2020.

1. WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

I HAVE MS WORD ...... I SAVED A DOCUMENT TODAY, IT DOES NOT OPEN

:)

MRF#########, Jun 24, 2020
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT [​IMG]

3. Word Document not Saving

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with saving a Word document, we would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Were there any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does the issue occur when saving other documents?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 24, 2020
  4. WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

Opening documents saved in Word

Hello

I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you
    don't have Office' and offering the option to purchase it. But I have had it on this device for years (even after conversion to Windows 10) or I couldn't have saved the documents in that format!

In Settings it offers only the option to Uninstall which I am reluctant to do for fear of losing vital docs. Many vital docs, including those stored in the cloud, are inaccessible and all have the red frame on their icon.

Any suggestions, please?

RNT

RogerTurner4, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

1. WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT - Similar Threads - WORD DOCUMENT OPENING

2. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  3. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  4. Saving Word Documents in 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving Word Documents in 365: I have a recently re-installed Windows 10 with all Updates. 2004 (OS Build 1904-508) When deciding whether to use my Office 2010 or not, I decided to take the plunge and purchase 365 Office. Part of the reason for the re-install was that my Files and Folders were in a total...
  5. Saving Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  6. My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?: When I click on a saved word document that I want to revise a blank screen appears. How can I retrieve my saved documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-saved-word-documents-open-to-a-blank-screen-how/e5a9d256-731a-4476-9d94-47cbe008b7f1"
  7. Opening documents saved in Word

Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  8. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...