Windows 10: WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.

Discus and support WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m working on a document in Microsoft WORD. I just opened it and it says “Locked for editing.” So I can’t do anything with it, and I don’t know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pianomann1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.

I’m working on a document in Microsoft WORD. I just opened it and it says “Locked for editing.” So I can’t do anything with it, and I don’t know how to unlock it. The WORD program I’m using is I think WORD 2003. At least I know it’s old, but it has been working perfectly all along, as recently as yesterday, but just now it opened “Locked.” How can I unlock it? Thanks for any help.

:)

pianomann1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Feb 12, 2019
  4. WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.

Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.

1. WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it. - Similar Threads - WORD document Locked

2. Can't download Word Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Word Documents: After downloading a windows update I am now unable to download any Docs from Onedrive or Word. The downloads never start. Ive tried restarting my computer, using a new browser, updating my computer and nothing has worked to resolve this issue. please help...
  3. Can't download Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Word Documents: After downloading a windows update I am now unable to download any Docs from Onedrive or Word. The downloads never start. Ive tried restarting my computer, using a new browser, updating my computer and nothing has worked to resolve this issue. please help...
  4. Faster way to edit word in pdf document

Faster way to edit word in pdf document: Dear folk I have editable 30 pages pdf document I need to modify it For instance : I need to strikeout those 3 words “proposed, new, action” What I am doing now search for each word within 30 pages to cross them Is there a faster way like find and replace ? Thx...
  5. Faster way to edit word in pdf document

Faster way to edit word in pdf document: Dear folk I have editable 30 pages pdf document I need to modify it For instance : I need to strikeout those 3 words “proposed, new, action” What I am doing now search for each word within 30 pages to cross them Is there a faster way like find and replace ? Thx...
  6. Converting an Access Report to an editable Word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Converting an Access Report to an editable Word document: I have created an Access report in the form of a Certificate. I'd like to get it into Word, preferably as a table , and be able to add information I currently can't include in the report, edit it, and print/email the word document, or even save it as a PDF file. I am...
  7. Can't scroll documents in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't scroll documents in Word: Recently, I suddenly found that I can't use my fingers to scroll documents in word, nor can I use the mouse wheel. But I can still zoom with two fingers. I feel that this is a problem with my computer itself, not word and I also see the same issue when reading PDFs in Adobe...
  8. OneDrive Locked - Can't Be Unlocked

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneDrive Locked - Can't Be Unlocked: I try to connect to my OneDrive and get a message that it's locked. Okay, so I follow the directions to unlock it. I get to the screen where it says to enter my cell phone number to get a code to unlock. I enter my cell number, press the 'Send Code' link - and nothing. It...
  9. Opening "locked for editing" documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening "locked for editing" documents: Many documents in my files show up as “locked for editing…” and display 3 choices for opening them. Why does this so often happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-locked-for-editing-documents/13ab267e-3c18-4488-bfe4-62fef8314b29"
  10. Locking a Word document. How to?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Locking a Word document. How to?: I am running Office 2016 on my Windows 10 Pro PC and have created a Word document I want to protect. I am the owner of the document and the administrator of the PC. So whats the easiest way to block access to the file? 122728

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked a word document but cant unlock

2. windows network folder locked for editing\

3. unlock document for editing by user account windows 10