Windows 10: Word Document

Discus and support Word Document in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for help re the default settings of a Word document - please forgive what I'm sure will be incorrect terminology! As I'm working in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shazzle_2012, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Word Document

Hi,

I'm looking for help re the default settings of a Word document - please forgive what I'm sure will be incorrect terminology!

As I'm working in a Word document, the default position of the displayed text is at the bottom of my computer screen, even as I move onto a new page as I type. The only way I can get my text to appear further up my screen is by scrolling the page to have it displayed higher than the default.

I am a speed typist and although it might be thought the easiest thing to do is to just scroll, I really don't want to have to be doing this regularly as it interrupts my work.

Is there a setting that I can adjust where my current working position within my document defaults to the middle of my computer screen rather than the bottom unless, of course, I then scroll through manually?

Many thanks!

:)

Shazzle_2012, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Aug 11, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Word Document

Lost Word documents

Hi LornaRadke,

Firs check your recycle bin folder probably you can find your lost file there. If not found there then try another way of searching your lost documents file by their name in the search box.

Still not found, then apply these manual steps: Open MS Word > click the File Tab > Click Manage Document >select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down
    list > Check for your missing file in the dialog box >Open the recovered Word document > click the Save As button in the top banner.

Probably you will find your lost documents on this list.

Finally if not shows there then try the last alternative option i.e. third party free data recovery programs like Recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, recoverit, etc. These utility programs completely free and can help you to recover your lost
    files. You can try your luck. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Word Document

1. Word Document - Similar Threads - Word Document

2. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  3. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  4. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  5. When trying to save a word document to PDF

When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  6. I have word 2019. When I write a document in the Normal style on the next line it switches...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have word 2019. When I write a document in the Normal style on the next line it switches...: I have word 2019. When I write a document in the Normal style on the next line it switches to Heading. How can I keep it in Normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-word-2019-when-i-write-a-document-in-the/5ad71dfe-0cdf-42f0-a6c9-202ea62cbd74
  7. I have word 2019. When I write a document in the Normal style on the next line it switches...

I have word 2019. When I write a document in the Normal style on the next line it switches...: I have word 2019. When I write a document in the Normal style on the next line it switches to Heading. How can I keep it in Normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-word-2019-when-i-write-a-document-in-the/5ad71dfe-0cdf-42f0-a6c9-202ea62cbd74
  8. Word documents are garbled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word documents are garbled: I must have accidentally upgraded to a new version of Word Docs. After opening a document, making a change and then going back to it later, the words are all garbled. How do I get back to my original version of Word Documents?...
  9. Word documents are garbled

Word documents are garbled: I must have accidentally upgraded to a new version of Word Docs. After opening a document, making a change and then going back to it later, the words are all garbled. How do I get back to my original version of Word Documents?...
  10. Word documents are garbled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing