Windows 10: Word documents changed to wordpad

Discus and support Word documents changed to wordpad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad. Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MomoHerre, Mar 7, 2019.

1. MomoHerre Win User

Word documents changed to wordpad

I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad.

Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without having to change every file independently?

:)

MomoHerre, Mar 7, 2019
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Word documents changed to wordpad [​IMG]

3. stonefly Win User
    word to wordpad

The Word documents are showing up as .doc rather than .docx. I followed your suggestion, but when I tried to open the document I got the same song and dance from Microsoft, specifically, "Buy Microsoft Word". There must be some way out of this dilemma. Microsoft has hijacked all my documents and is holding them for ransom.

stonefly, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

word to wordpad

It seems quite common these days that new PCs come with Word as the default association for documents as a 'advert' to try and get you to buy Word. It is easy to change the default association to Wordpad.

Wordpad files will not allow write permission.

Bree, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Word documents changed to wordpad - Similar Threads - Word documents changed

2. WordPad documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  3. Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents

Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents: I have recently updated my windows 10 and I tried to open Wordpad, I get a popup saying "Unable to create new document" And when I look under the Wordpad arrows for my saved documents the icon is missing and if I try to open one it says "The item selected is unavailable. It...
  4. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  5. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  6. WORD documents showing up as WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    WORD documents showing up as WordPad: I am opening Word Documents and they are coming up as WordPad which I don't want. How do I bring them up as WORD and save them as WORD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-documents-showing-up-as-wordpad/1e6bba33-4e2b-4672-898f-b45f78324381
  7. word - wordpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    word - wordpad: People send me email attachments in word and they only open in wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-wordpad/ccb02627-34b5-4a40-858f-16b983a7756e
  8. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...
  9. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...
  10. word to wordpad

word to wordpad: I have a new computer with 10. I have not installed any word processing software and am content for the time being with Wordpad. However, all documents that I have imported into this computer show up as Word documents. When I try to open them I am informed that Microsoft will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did word change to wordpad

2. word changed to wordpad

3. all my word document changed to word pad?

4. why does word document open as wordpad?,
  5. Why has my word document been replaced by word pad and rch text,
  6. why do my documents open in wordpad windows 10,
  7. changed computer all documents opening in wordpad,
  8. had to reset my computer and all my documents are on wordpad not on what I had them on,
  9. I have microsoft word but my word documents save to Wordpad. WhY/,
  10. why have all my documents changed to word pad?,
  11. why is my microsoft word now microsoft wordpad,
  12. windows why did Word disappear and wordpad is here,
  13. why are my word documents opening in wordpad,
  14. why is a document opening in wordpad and not word,
  15. why did my word documents change to wordpad