Windows 10: Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers.

Discus and support Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are using version of word2016 docx, which contains graphics and shapes have been tagged with alt text. but, screen readers are not able to read the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sivasankari21, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers.

We are using version of word2016 docx, which contains graphics and shapes have been tagged with alt text. but, screen readers are not able to read the alt text for those graphics and shapes in word. Please advise.

Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers. 1ed5f900-b182-41f2-835e-d07fce40b9bd?upload=true.png

Thanks,

Shankari.

:)

sivasankari21, Dec 17, 2019

2. Alt text in Word 2016

You can't see Alt text by hovering in Word. When you use a screen reader to view your document, or save it to a file format such as HTML or DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System), alternative text appears when you move the pointer over a picture
    in most browsers

Ref -
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Add-al...

E for Excel, Dec 17, 2019
  3. MS Narrator stopped reading alt text?

I am using Narrator (screen reader) to test a training course I created in Articulate Storyline. Normally Narrator works fine but for some reason it stopped reading alt text that it was reading before? It is reading everything but alt text, like
    window titles, banner headings etc. What I want is really the opposite.

I am starting Narrator with Ctrl + Winkey + Enter and tabbing to different elements and the highlighting is working but it just isn't reading the alt text but it is reading everything else? Please advise?

Todd Smyth, Dec 17, 2019
  4. yusufat Win User

Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers.

Word 2010 documents (docx) are not editable in Word Mobile 6.1, but Word 2007 docxs are.

Hi. I am using Microsoft Office 2010 (x64) while my device has Windows Mobile 6.1. When I open a 2010 docx file, Word mobile loads it but an error say "This document is protected. You will not be able to edit this document". I cannot edit, only copy (clipboard)
    operation available. No such error if I open a 2007 docx file.

Those 2010 docx files do not have read-only flag in file explorer, nor password protected. Which settings in my Word 2010 that are wrong? I cannot save the document as 2007 docx in Word 2010, it always saved as 2010 docx. I don't want to save it as 2003
    doc file, because at later time I cannot add smart art or other sophisticated features of Word 2010.

My workaround now is to create blank document in Word 2007 (on another PC) and save it as "Editable in PDA.dotx" then I use it to "instantiate" new document whenever I need the file can be edited on device. But I also don't like Word 2010 shows the text "[Compatibility
    Mode]" on its title bar.

I don't know which one of them is faulty - Word 2010 or Word Mobile 6.1.

yusufat, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers.

1. Word Docx with graphic/alt text are not read for screen readers. - Similar Threads - Word Docx graphic

2. screen reader won't read needed information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen reader won't read needed information: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that involves setting up three new computers, and we've run into two problems: 1. She needs the Amharic language pack installed, but when it's installed, it's not showing up under language settings. I asked about this in the...
  3. screen reader won't read needed information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen reader won't read needed information: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that involves setting up three new computers, and we've run into two problems: 1. She needs the Amharic language pack installed, but when it's installed, it's not showing up under language settings. I asked about this in the...
  4. How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window: I am zain. I am screen reader usser.I am using narrator. How to red urdu text with narrator.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-read-urdu-text-with-written-and-how-to-type/4dc4ccce-cb58-4c8b-b82c-0aa9f9022aeb
  5. How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window

How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window: I am zain. I am screen reader usser.I am using narrator. How to red urdu text with narrator.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-read-urdu-text-with-written-and-how-to-type/4dc4ccce-cb58-4c8b-b82c-0aa9f9022aeb
  6. How read Urdu text with written and how to type Urdu text with narrator screen reader on window

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some epub reader applications reads Turkish texts in English

Some epub reader applications reads Turkish texts in English: My name is Ahmet.I am from Turkey.This is my first post.Some epub reader applications reads Turkish texts in English. Turkish tts engine installed on my computer. Thank you.Yours truly. 173804
  8. Some epub reader applications reads Turkish texts in English

in Windows 10 Support
    Some epub reader applications reads Turkish texts in English: My name is Ahmet.I am from Turkey.This is my first post.Some epub reader applications reads Turkish texts in English. Turkish tts engine installed on my computer. Thank you.Yours truly. 173804
  9. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...
  10. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...