Windows 10: Word does not work

Discus and support Word does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Word doesn't work , not even with safe mode. This is one of many times , i am paying for this, it is not free. I need it for my work.... HELP I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PamelaVillanueva, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Word does not work

Word doesn't work , not even with safe mode. This is one of many times , i am paying for this, it is not free. I need it for my work.... HELP

I am tired of this :

:)

PamelaVillanueva, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Word does not work

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Word does not work

1. Word does not work - Similar Threads - Word does

2. MS Word AutoSave does not work. Brand new version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word AutoSave does not work. Brand new version: I just bought MS Office. I downloaded Word onto my MacBook Pro. When I open a new document there is button in the top left that says "AutoSave." When I click on it,, I get a dialogue box, with the file name loaded. But the wheel next to "Loading services" just keeps turning....
  3. MS Word AutoSave does not work. Brand new version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word AutoSave does not work. Brand new version: I just bought MS Office. I downloaded Word onto my MacBook Pro. When I open a new document there is button in the top left that says "AutoSave." When I click on it,, I get a dialogue box, with the file name loaded. But the wheel next to "Loading services" just keeps turning....
  4. MS Word AutoSave does not work. Brand new version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  6. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  7. Why does my Defender have gibberish words with percents in them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does my Defender have gibberish words with percents in them?: I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes, and I don't have any viruses. I've tried using sfc and DISM, but that didn't fix it, either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-defender-have-gibberish-words-with/d8b30447-0c7f-4cdf-bf83-da27611b39d4
  8. Why does my Defender have gibberish words with percents in them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Defender have gibberish words with percents in them?: I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes, and I don't have any viruses. I've tried using sfc and DISM, but that didn't fix it, either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-defender-have-gibberish-words-with/d8b30447-0c7f-4cdf-bf83-da27611b39d4
  9. Why does my Defender have gibberish words with percents in them?

10. Delete oder add words in typing suggestions in Windows 11? f.e. - Why does this AI keeps on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete oder add words in typing suggestions in Windows 11? f.e. - Why does this AI keeps on...: I have typing suggestions enabled in Windows. When I type the letter “C”, one of my email addresses is always suggested to me for text selection that I don't need. I tried to train the algorithm by repeatedly entering the desired email, but that doesn't work.In the “typing...