Windows 10: Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program"

Discus and support Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello again with another unique problem, Microsoft Office 2007 was re-installed in May. I had recently installed another Hard Drive, & moved all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dill Pickles, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program"

Hello again with another unique problem, Microsoft Office 2007 was re-installed in May. I had recently installed another Hard Drive, & moved all documents, picture, & music file's to the D: Drive, leaving the C: Drive with the Win 7, downloads, & program files. Now I find I can't open an older document file with word. I get there error "There was a problem sending the command to the program" in Windows 10.

A blank word page opens, but does not display the document I selected. I must then select the "open" option, after clicking the "Home" button and search for the document I needed. Then that document opens.

I'm thinking since Office lives on the C: Drive and my documents are on the D: Drive that may be where the problem is.

If so how do fix this? Please with any replies be detailed, as I have history of being my own worst enemy with trying to fix things.

Thanks
    DP

:)

Dill Pickles, Aug 19, 2015

2. Error: There was a problem sending the command to the program while accessing documents

Hellooooo,

Anybody from Microsoft at home to reply? It's been 2 weeks since I first posted about my problem and it's getting lonely here.

Can I please have some feedback?

Regards.

D.

Pensioner(2), Aug 19, 2015
  3. Error: There was a problem sending the command to the program while accessing documents

Original title: Microsoft's Win 10 pop-ups

Hi folks,

On opening every document in Windows 10 with a double click, a pop-up appears stating, "There was a problem sending the command to the program". Any ideas, please? The Microsoft website is a nightmare for a novice and they don't have the relevant question category
    for me. Pulling my hair out, Help!?!

Thanks, D.

Pensioner(2), Aug 19, 2015
  4. Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program"

My wife seems to be having a similar problem with Word in Office 2003. She can only open documents by opening Word first. I have the same software and I also run Windows 10, but I do not have the problem.

If you sorted it I would love to see your solution.

meltonpieman, Jan 30, 2016
  5. Hi Meltonpieman, I didn't solve the problem, but upgraded to Word Office 2010 Pro. works fine now. I would suggest if it's working fine for you, but not her, delete it on her PC, & reinstalled it with a copy from yours. I can't say how that would work so check with someone more knowledgeable than me, before you do it. I like Office 2010, maybe consider upgrading to it. All your 2003 doc's will still work.

Good Luck

DP

Dill Pickles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program"

1. Word error " There was a problem sending the command to the program" - Similar Threads - Word error was

2. Word program problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word program problem: I have formatted Word files for print edition books for over 14 years, but am struggling with what I believe is a Word program issue. I make a change in the file I'm currently working on, save it, but when I go back to do more formatting, the file has a few changes that I...
  3. Word program problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word program problem: I have formatted Word files for print edition books for over 14 years, but am struggling with what I believe is a Word program issue. I make a change in the file I'm currently working on, save it, but when I go back to do more formatting, the file has a few changes that I...
  4. Word program problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Word program problem

6. Word program problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. There was a problem sending the command to the program

There was a problem sending the command to the program: When I open a torrent file, I get this error message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program". This happens with BitComet and uTorrent torrent clients. And for some reason, magnet links are not working anymore. Any ideas on how to solve these issues? Thanks...
  8. there was a problem sending the command to the program

there was a problem sending the command to the program: Getting this problem using Autocad 2002, would anyone have any idea what is causing it. Thanks. 50886
  9. Excel error when opening documents "problem sending the command..."

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel error when opening documents "problem sending the command...": The full error reads: There was a problem sending the command to the program. This is actually an older Excel problem that appears to have returned with my upgrading to Windows 10. This error is presented whenever I try to open any excel file (tried .xls .xlsm .xlsx) by...
  10. Error sending command to program

in Windows 10 Support
    Error sending command to program: I use Windons 10 Pro 64bit. When I click on a shortcut or file (Excel .xls) I get the message Error sending command to program. I use Office 2013. Anyone has a clue for a solution. Best regards. 29171