Windows 10: Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update.

Discus and support Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My office suite broke after an update recently. When searched it shows up but the icon is unclickable and doesn't open the app.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Admitt, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Admitt Win User

Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update.

Hi everyone,

My office suite broke after an update recently. When searched it shows up but the icon is unclickable and doesn't open the app. Already tried reinstalling office suite, clear index, and some cmd/Powershell command to check for integrity.

Best,

J

Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update. 5af0e5b6-ac79-4d4c-952a-0309842b2a11?upload=true.png

:)

Admitt, Dec 13, 2020
  2. emmykiss Win User

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available Office

Source:

Brink, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update.

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update.

1. Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint - Office Suite missing/broken from window search after update. - Similar Threads - Word Excel Access

2. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu: HelloThe problem is that when I right click on the desktop to show the new menu, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing. The other Office programs are there. But the most interesting thing is that when I right-click Office in the start menu, the missing programs show up as...
  3. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu: HelloThe problem is that when I right click on the desktop to show the new menu, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing. The other Office programs are there. But the most interesting thing is that when I right-click Office in the start menu, the missing programs show up as...
  4. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..: Hello can someone please help me.I just finished resetting my computer with the option keep personal files.But when it finished I noticed that microsoft word , Excel, PowerPoint and other have disappeared.I know that they have been removed from the computer through the...
  6. Opening the full Word or excel or powerpoint from icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening the full Word or excel or powerpoint from icons: After the recent update word opens in a screen where you have to open another doc to get to the programme - I want to open the programme not go through this screen. How can I revert to the much more useful opening - I am finding it extrememly difficult to fina answers. Word...
  7. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  8. MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.): Approximately 2 weeks ago, I received a notice from MS that my drivers were out of date and to update. So I let MS update my PC. Now my MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. do not work. I can not open my previous word, excel, etc. documents. What gives? I had upgraded my...
  9. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...
  10. Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10: Microsoft has today announced that a preview of its new Office touch apps for Windows 10 are available in the Windows Store. The apps, which can be downloaded right now, are only available on PCs running the Windows 10 Technical Preview; Microsoft said that they will be...