Windows 10: Word, Excel outlook not opening

Discus and support Word, Excel outlook not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I try to open any of the following Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint outlook nothing happens. The screen just spins for ever and it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cookie CuttersRichmond, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Word, Excel outlook not opening

when I try to open any of the following Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint outlook nothing happens.

The screen just spins for ever and it is not working and no error message is given

:)

Cookie CuttersRichmond, Jan 26, 2019
  2. PGR
    PGR Win User

outlook opens word?

If you use a version of Outlook prior to v. 2007, there's a checkbox in one of the preferences tabs which controls this. You can choose Word or Outlook Editor.

V. 2007 no longer includes Outlook Editor, though. It has it's own 'light' verson of Word 2007 built in.

Pete

3. Silverel Win User
    outlook opens word?

Yes it does. *Smile Word, Excel outlook not opening :) Outlook uses word for message composition.

Silverel, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Word, Excel outlook not opening

outlook opens word?

I have asked about this problem just about everywhere. well what is happening is when we open a new message in outlook it opens what looks like the shell of word that takes up a entire monitor ( it’s a four monitor system ). You cannot close the "shell" but if you close the message it will close.
    Winword.exe is not running in the processes but word shows up in the application tab
    It is the office 2k7 suite
    If anybody has seen anything like this any help would be greatly appreciated
    Also if you need to know anything else about the system please let me know.

macscottsman88, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Word, Excel outlook not opening

1. Word, Excel outlook not opening - Similar Threads - Word Excel outlook

2. Excel Word Highlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows yellow on adifferent monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/60cb53d2-2341-4366-a750-28f345a560a3
  3. Word & Excel do not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word & Excel do not open: Hi. When I try to open excel, I have the following message: "Microsoft Excel isn't currently your default program for viewing and editing spreadsheets. Do you want to select file types that Excel should open?" I chose "Yes" and tried to follow but came to nothing. Word...
  4. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...
  5. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...
  6. Using Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Word and Excel: I recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10 . I can't use Word or Excel. I can only look and print what is there! I can't edit or create new documents like I could with Windows XP. I don't really think I improved my computer if I can't use these programs. Help...
  7. WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED: I just recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now I can not find Word, Excel or any other Office applications on my computer. I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years now, after upgrading Windows 7. This is the second time I reinstalled my windows and it's the...
  8. cannnot open excel or word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannnot open excel or word: I cannot open office or word today. I am on a time crunch and I m not sure what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannnot-open-excel-or-word/15f4675b-a2ea-4052-9d20-60989f3f93bf
  9. BSOD while using Word. Excel and Outlook open at same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Word. Excel and Outlook open at same time: hello, two BSODs occurred today. the first one was a Kernel Security Check Failure. dont know why. the second one - i used your BSOD Viewer and i've uploaded the reports for your perusal. look forward to hearing what may be causing the issues. thanks in advance. 111153
  10. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open excel or word after a restore: Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone excel not openong in laptop