Windows 10: Word file not opening

Discus and support Word file not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Owaissss, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Owaissss Win User

Word file not opening

I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error

:)

Owaissss, Jan 29, 2022
  2. asus2016 Win User

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Jan 29, 2022
  3. I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Jan 29, 2022
  4. emmykiss Win User

Word file not opening

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

Word file not opening

1. Word file not opening - Similar Threads - Word file opening

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. Word file not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word file not opening: I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-not-opening/16dd1194-5032-40cd-a707-e2c5daece2ec
  6. cannot open word or excel files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot open word or excel files: I cannot open excel or word files. I get an error message everytime I try and open those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-open-word-or-excel-files/964b7030-4219-4f20-9683-554ed344e103
  7. Word files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word files won't open: Hi, I have spent all day trying everything I can to get my Word files to open. Files opened last night, but none today. I click on a file and it has the little hourglass for about say 15 secs or so then just reverts to an arrow and nothing happens. I have tried Right...
  8. Opening embedded files in Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening embedded files in Word 2016: I receive files created in Word 2013 containing embedded files. When I open the files in Windows 2016 there is no Enable Editing button in the bar at the top of the document. I am therefore unable to open the embedded files. How can I open such embedded files, please?...
  9. Word opening files as Document1, Document2

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2: If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies, and they're named Document1, Document2, etc. If I right-click on the file and pick "open" then the file will properly - that...
  10. Word opening files as Document1, Document2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2: If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies, and they're named Document1, Document2, etc. If I right-click on the file and pick "open" then the file will properly - that...