Windows 10: word files crash windows explorer

Discus and support word files crash windows explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; since yesterday i notice that opening a word file makes the windows explorer not responding. Last windows update about a montha ago 2004. but since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Peta-8-bit, Jul 9, 2020.

1. word files crash windows explorer

since yesterday i notice that opening a word file makes the windows explorer not responding. Last windows update about a montha ago 2004. but since then i have had lenovo updates and kaspersky antivirus updates(most recent). this happens 100% of the times i open a word file. im not able to even copy or delete a word file.

any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Peta-8-bit, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jul 9, 2020
  4. word files crash windows explorer

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

word files crash windows explorer

1. word files crash windows explorer - Similar Threads - word files crash

2. Windows File Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer crashes: Hello guys,I was in the Windows Insider program but quit and I am in the regular windows 11 version. It started to crash this week.Here is the error Sorry, it is in spanish from event viewer:Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.22621.1, marca de...
  3. Windows File Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer crashes: Hello guys,I was in the Windows Insider program but quit and I am in the regular windows 11 version. It started to crash this week.Here is the error Sorry, it is in spanish from event viewer:Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.22621.1, marca de...
  4. File/Windows explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File/Windows explorer crashes: I have an Asus G74sx with an i7 processor and 16gb ram. File Explorer crashes immediately on opening. sfc reports no problem dism reports no problem problem persists in clean boot and in safe mode. System reset cured problem for 3 days then it came back. -Provider [...
  5. Windows File Explorer crashing

Windows File Explorer crashing: File Explorer crashes when I try to view disk or folder content from THIS PC Is it possible to replace explorer.exe and kernelbase.dll with good files from another computer from Command Prompt? I have already tried "Repair System Files" but it did not find anything...
  6. File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files: Is there a quick fix to File Explorer crashes when clicking on MS Word files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-with-ms-word-files/c954364a-600d-4dfa-95f0-5bf6b6cf3760
  7. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...
  8. MS Word and File Explorer

MS Word and File Explorer: I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it...
  9. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when trying to preview Word (.docx) files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes when trying to preview Word (.docx) files: Here goes: I open Windows Explorer The preview button is engaged I preview all types of files no problem including Office 365 Excel, Adobe .pdf, Word 97-2003 .DOC, jpg, gif, tif, etc. I try to preview Word .docx files and Windows Explorer freezes. Have to go into task...