Windows 10: Word files have disappeared

Discus and support Word files have disappeared in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My word file descriptions are there but when I attempt to open any of them I get a blank page. All this happened while I was attempting to encrypt a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickBurns48, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Word files have disappeared

My word file descriptions are there but when I attempt to open any of them I get a blank page. All this happened while I was attempting to encrypt a word file

:)

PatrickBurns48, Nov 8, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 8, 2020
  4. asus2016 Win User

Word files have disappeared

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Word files have disappeared

1. Word files have disappeared - Similar Threads - Word files disappeared

2. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  3. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  4. MS Word files disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word files disappeared from PC: All Word files disappeared from my Documents folder after my PC automatically started saving new files to OneDrive. I can't find them anywhere and they weren't backed up! Someone tried to set a Restore Point for me, but my User Documents folder is still empty and File...
  5. MS Word files disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word files disappeared from PC: All Word files disappeared from my Documents folder after my PC automatically started saving new files to OneDrive. I can't find them anywhere and they weren't backed up! Someone tried to set a Restore Point for me, but my User Documents folder is still empty and File...
  6. MS Word files disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Word files disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word files disappearing randomly: Windows updated and all the files seemed to have disappeared. I signed back in and restarted and they came back. That was a few days ago. This morning, it took an extended period of time to start up saying "Preparing Windows..." and when it did I logged back out of my...
  8. Download files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Download files have disappeared: I can not find my downloaded files. They were there yesterday and gone today. I have read other posts and I think I have tried everything offered. However, I am a 72-year-old with limited knowledge. I can usually work my way through things by reading instructions, but I did...
  9. WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED

WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED: I just recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now I can not find Word, Excel or any other Office applications on my computer. I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years now, after upgrading Windows 7. This is the second time I reinstalled my windows and it's the...
  10. Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared

Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared: I unintentionally uninstalled Windows 10 yesterday by restoring Windows 7. I immediately reinstalled Windows 10 but now my Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 shortcuts don't allow me access and say they are not installed and I can't find where I can get them back....