Windows 10: Word files won't open

Discus and support Word files won't open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have spent all day trying everything I can to get my Word files to open. Files opened last night, but none today. I click on a file and it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterBates2, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Word files won't open

Hi,

I have spent all day trying everything I can to get my Word files to open. Files opened last night, but none today.

I click on a file and it has the little hourglass for about say 15 secs or so then just reverts to an arrow and nothing happens.

I have tried Right click on file then select Open with but same thing happens.

I don't get any message.

I am desperate, please help.

I am using a laptop with Windows 10 which I updated on 20th Feb.

Thanking you.

Peter & Jan

:)

PeterBates2, Feb 25, 2020
  2. asus2016 Win User

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Feb 25, 2020
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Feb 25, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Word files won't open

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thema:

Word files won't open

1. Word files won't open - Similar Threads - Word files won't

2. Microsoft word won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word won't open: Whenever I open Microsoft word on my Computer, it says "Word Couldn't start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in the mode."When I say yes, it opens a completely blank word file, nowhere to type. If I try to...
  3. Microsoft word won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft word won't open: Whenever I open Microsoft word on my Computer, it says "Word Couldn't start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in the mode."When I say yes, it opens a completely blank word file, nowhere to type. If I try to...
  4. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  5. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  6. Word file not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word file not opening: I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-not-opening/16dd1194-5032-40cd-a707-e2c5daece2ec
  7. Word file not opening

Word file not opening: I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-not-opening/16dd1194-5032-40cd-a707-e2c5daece2ec
  8. cortana won't open word

in Cortana
    cortana won't open word: I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-word/735b3318-5d5a-4acc-a91d-8cd00968a407
  9. Word and Word documents won't open properly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word and Word documents won't open properly: Windows 10 Version 1903(OS build 18362.900 Hello everyone - my first time here :) I have Microsoft Office365 legitimately shared with me (via a link) from my son-in-law who has a subscription. I've had it on my PC for about 7 weeks and only been using Word which has been...
  10. MS Word won't open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Word won't open: MS Word won't open any .doc or .docx files. It returns error messages as shown in the screen captures below. [img] [img] [img] 132927