Windows 10: Word files

Discus and support Word files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot delete word files. The mouse shows it is busy and does not do anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CyrusMoslemi, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Word files

I cannot delete word files. The mouse shows it is busy and does not do anything.

:)

CyrusMoslemi, Jul 21, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jul 21, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Word files

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Word files

1. Word files - Similar Threads - Word files

2. After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?: MS 365 will not open Office Word files. Word files do not even appear when searching for them with 365. When I click "open with" on the Word file 365 does not appear. I repaired the Microsoft Office Word program but nothing has changed. What now?...
  3. After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?: MS 365 will not open Office Word files. Word files do not even appear when searching for them with 365. When I click "open with" on the Word file 365 does not appear. I repaired the Microsoft Office Word program but nothing has changed. What now?...
  4. After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed: Today I completed a document on word and saved it to my computer. When I then tried opening it, this is the error message that popped up. I didn’t delete, move or rename the file. It even shows up under the exact file name when I type it in. But when I go to open it this is...
  6. How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed

How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed: Today I completed a document on word and saved it to my computer. When I then tried opening it, this is the error message that popped up. I didn’t delete, move or rename the file. It even shows up under the exact file name when I type it in. But when I go to open it this is...
  7. I was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...: I was using grammarly and saved my document in word. somehow it was saved in an HTML file, how do i retrieve it?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-using-grammarly-and-saved-a-word-document/722145dc-aabe-4fc7-acbd-8c4f1b30f0d8
  8. i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...: I was using grammarly and saved my document in word. somehow it was saved in an HTML file, how do i retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-using-grammarly-and-saved-a-word-document/722145dc-aabe-4fc7-acbd-8c4f1b30f0d8
  9. i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...

i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...: I was using grammarly and saved my document in word. somehow it was saved in an HTML file, how do i retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-using-grammarly-and-saved-a-word-document/722145dc-aabe-4fc7-acbd-8c4f1b30f0d8
  10. i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade