Windows 10: Word Folders

Discus and support Word Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10. File Explorer “User Documents” shows all folders in A to Z order but “This PC Documents” omits 6 files in A to Z order but they show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows10Outlook2013, May 15, 2022.

1. Word Folders

Using Windows 10. File Explorer “User Documents” shows all folders in A to Z order but “This PC Documents” omits 6 files in A to Z order but they show below last Z file in random order. How do I correct so all appear A to Z.

:)

Windows10Outlook2013, May 15, 2022
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, May 15, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 15, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Word Folders

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Word Folders

1. Word Folders - Similar Threads - Word Folders

2. Word files vanish when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word files vanish when moved to a folder: I own a small business and part of that job is creating invoices. I have a specific folder in my computer that I keep all my invoices in. Last night I made up invoice no 030 and made sure to save it to my invoice folder. I often accidentally save them to my regular documents,...
  3. Word files vanish when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word files vanish when moved to a folder: I own a small business and part of that job is creating invoices. I have a specific folder in my computer that I keep all my invoices in. Last night I made up invoice no 030 and made sure to save it to my invoice folder. I often accidentally save them to my regular documents,...
  4. My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box: Hi All First time poster so forgive any errors I make please. My outlook worked fine last week up until I left the office on Wedesday 17th. I returned the following Monday and my computer is playing up. if I open Outlook and I open an email and save as it takes me to the...
  5. My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box

My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box: Hi All First time poster so forgive any errors I make please. My outlook worked fine last week up until I left the office on Wedesday 17th. I returned the following Monday and my computer is playing up. if I open Outlook and I open an email and save as it takes me to the...
  6. My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Issues opening Word/Excel files from Downloads folder due to security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues opening Word/Excel files from Downloads folder due to security: Excel/Word files located in Downloads folder on machines are experiencing issue where under properties the following security is appearing "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect the computer."The files would have been downloaded from...
  8. Issues opening Word/Excel files from Downloads folder due to security

Issues opening Word/Excel files from Downloads folder due to security: Excel/Word files located in Downloads folder on machines are experiencing issue where under properties the following security is appearing "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect the computer."The files would have been downloaded from...
  9. MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder: I run Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1. I recently had to recover from a crash so everything has been reinstalled. All the MS apps have also been updated. I am using MS Word version 16.76.1 licensed for home use. To my utter horror when I drop ANY file into ANY folder it disappears. I...
  10. MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder

MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder: I run Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1. I recently had to recover from a crash so everything has been reinstalled. All the MS apps have also been updated. I am using MS Word version 16.76.1 licensed for home use. To my utter horror when I drop ANY file into ANY folder it disappears. I...