Windows 10: Word for Home & Student 2016

Discus and support Word for Home & Student 2016 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I Purchase this last month and it worked perfectly well, however I can no longer open my files an I get an Error message This operating system is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnLoach1, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Word for Home & Student 2016

I Purchase this last month and it worked perfectly well, however I can no longer open my files an I get an Error message This operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Any suggestions?

:)

JohnLoach1, Oct 27, 2018
  2. TDonahue2 Win User

Transfering Ofifice Home and Student 2016 to new computer

I went to that page and hit the install button and did NOT see any "Install Information" button which would list the old (dead) laptop.

All it did was install Office Home and Student 2016 on the new computer with (what I think is) a new Product Key as the number listed does not match my old one.

I followed through the full installation and now Word/Excel/etc. is on the computer, but I am fearful of opening them as it will activate the new product key (for which I will need to pay).

TDonahue2, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update caused Outlook 2016 and Word 2016 (Home and student) to crash

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue persistent only with Microsoft Outlook and Word applications?
    • Can you specify what is the exact issue?
    • Did you get any error message?

If the issue is particular to Microsoft Outlook or Word applications, suggest you to post your query in Office forums in the link below.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2018
  4. SRV
    srv Win User

Word for Home & Student 2016

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange *Smile

Word for Home & Student 2016 [​IMG]

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

Word for Home & Student 2016 [​IMG]

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

Thema:

Word for Home & Student 2016

1. Word for Home & Student 2016 - Similar Threads - Word Home Student

2. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  3. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  4. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office 2016 (Home and Student)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 (Home and Student): Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the other entry, the icon is tiny in size. Also why do all (4) programs for Office 2016 appear tiny in size in the control panel?...
  6. My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.

My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.: I was working on my Word last evening. When I tried to open my document today, my entire Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared. How can I reinstall it?...
  7. Office Home & Student 2016 not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Home & Student 2016 not working: Hi, I purchased this laptop in Jan'18 for my daughter who is a student. Have bill. Laptop had pre-loadedOffice Home & Student 2016. She suffered a hard disk crash recently and got it replaced. Now when she is trying to use her Office it is asking for product key. What do we...
  8. reinstalling microsoft office home and student 2016

reinstalling microsoft office home and student 2016: My laptop crashed and I had to wipe it clear and reinstall Windows 10, I had purchased office home and student 2016 and in the Microsoft store it lists that this program is installed on my laptop, but I can not reinstall the program now. I do not need the upgraded office...
  9. Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013: I plan on buying 2 Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 programs: one for my win10 laptop & one for my Win10 desktop. --- Is it necessary to have a Microsoft account in order to install & use Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016? If I sell or replace either or both...
  10. Is Outlook Part Of Office Home & Student 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is Outlook Part Of Office Home & Student 2016: Thread tells it all. Forgive what's a simple question. I do appreciate the comments. 101926