Windows 10: Word for Mac

Discus and support Word for Mac in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xyfo, Dec 9, 2021.

1. xyfo Win User

Word for Mac

I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them on?

:)

xyfo, Dec 9, 2021

2. Word on Mac and Windows

Thanks for this reply.

It is not keeping same fonts in both versions, but you see the equations, line spacing, etc., are changed and the file in Mac looks stupid.

I will try to attach photos of both later.

Another problem, in Word windows , you can choose

Options, Advanced, Show document content, Numeral: Arabic, Hindi, Context, System

These steps are missing in Word Mac

Best Regards

WaheedAlmasry, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Word on Mac and Windows

Hi Waheed,

Thank you for your message in this forum.

As John said, formatting issue may be related to the fonts used on the PC that are not installed on Mac, On the PC side, find out what font and version of the font is being used. Then on the Mac, use
    Font Book or other utility to make sure the same font and font version is active on the Mac. May I know if you have referred to the advice of John? Has you problem has been solved?
    If the problem persists, you can come back and we will continue to help you.

If the scenario above is not consistent with yours, I want to conform the information below with you to better understand your situation:

1. Could you provide the version of Word on Mac and Windows? For Word in Windows: you can go to Word > File > Account > Product Information and provide the screenshot of it. For Word on Mac, you can go to Word > About Word and provide the screenshot
      of it.
    2. Could you provide the screenshot of different formatting on the same page? Could you explain more details about different formatting on the same page?
    3. Do all the files have the same problem? You can create a new file to check if the same problem will occur.

Best Regards,

Sukie

Sukie Qi MSFT, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Word for Mac

Word on Mac and Windows

Thank you for reply.

The numbers can not be changed in Word Mac, unfortunately it is a software bug, I noticed on google, many speaks about it (World 2016).

If you use bilingual document, the solution you suggest will not solve the problem on MAC.

On windows, you choose context and word will choose the numbers format accordingly, or suppress it by choosing one format like Arabic or Hindi throughout.

Secondly, I will check the issue of fonts and will come back.

Best Regards

WaheedAlmasry, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Word for Mac

1. Word for Mac - Similar Threads - Word Mac

2. MAC user can't open an important Word doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAC user can't open an important Word doc: MAC user can't open an important Word doc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-user-cant-open-an-important-word-doc/f97c363f-45b6-4899-9eaf-3641ed1fc360
  3. MAC user can't open an important Word doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MAC user can't open an important Word doc: MAC user can't open an important Word doc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-user-cant-open-an-important-word-doc/f97c363f-45b6-4899-9eaf-3641ed1fc360
  4. Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left: Whenever I open a new Word Doc, the area to use is squeezed into a small are top left, above a sort of cursor?? Using a mac desktok Monterey OSIt only gets to a sensible size if I magnify to well over 200%. I dont know how this happened - Help!...
  5. Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word on Mac suddenly very small with some sort of cursor to left: Whenever I open a new Word Doc, the area to use is squeezed into a small are top left, above a sort of cursor?? Using a mac desktok Monterey OSIt only gets to a sensible size if I magnify to well over 200%. I dont know how this happened - Help!...
  6. Word for Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word for Mac: I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-for-mac/0b7d0e7a-e255-40ed-bfc7-8f9433179a67
  7. Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?: Hello, Thanks for all the previous help over the years. Can really use some advice with this, as I'm pretty well lost on what to do. That old age problem again, I guess. I have a document on my MAC created with MS WORD. I want to put it on a USB stick and give it to someone...
  8. recuperer fichier word non sauvegardé sur mac

in Windows 10 Customization
    recuperer fichier word non sauvegardé sur mac: comment récupérer un fichier word non enregistre sur mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recuperer-fichier-word-non-sauvegard%C3%A9-sur-mac/9977e345-32fb-4bc3-a20c-b5702f5d28f8
  9. Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any sort of plugin that lets me quickly look up a selected word (similar to Mac): A while ago I had to switch from MacOS to Windows and so far everything's been great. But one thing I do miss is the feature in MacOS which lets you look up the definition of a selected word by right-clicking on it. I was wondering if there is any sort of program for Windows...
  10. How can i recreate mac OS "Notes" In windows? I have Word and excell, and some basic...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i recreate mac OS "Notes" In windows? I have Word and excell, and some basic...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ElroyBotRacer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrh6md/how_can_i_recreate_mac_os_notes_in_windows_i_have/