Windows 10: Word - Format linked data columns problem

Discus and support Word - Format linked data columns problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have an 8 page Word (MS 365 Version 2005 (build 12827.20336 Click to run) document which is populated by pasting 4 links from a single Excel file.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ColMac, Jul 3, 2020.

1. ColMac Win User

Word - Format linked data columns problem

I have an 8 page Word (MS 365 Version 2005 (build 12827.20336 Click to run) document which is populated by pasting 4 links from a single Excel file.

All data was pasted using Paste Special, Unformatted text, Paste Link.

The document had been formatted with 2 columns and a series of tabs had been set up to display the columns clearly. I've blurred part of the data as some of thes people may still be alive.

Word - Format linked data columns problem [​IMG]

Every time I update the link however, the tabs revert to what is presumably a Normal setting, and the data is effectivley un-readable.

Is there a way to ensure that each time I update the link, the tabs stay as they have been set?

Thanks

:)

ColMac, Jul 3, 2020

2. Sorting column of mixed format data

You would need to do this:

• Create an extra column to the right of plot numbers.
    • Copy the plot numbers from the left to the right column.
    • Remove all letters from the left column.
    • Remove all numbers from the right column.
    • Place a space or an exclamation mark into all empty cells in the right column.
    • Sort the list against the left plus the right column.
    • Replace each exclamation mark with a space.

Frederik Long, Jul 3, 2020
  3. columns in word pad

Not possible in WordPad, you need a professional word processor such as Microsoft Word or the free Libre Writer to do that.

Buy Microsoft Word:

Buy Word 2016 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/word-20...

How to Start and End a Column in Microsoft Word 2016 - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/start-end-colu...

Free - Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project ...

Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

Columns - LibreOffice Help

Columns - LibreOffice Help

Andre Da Costa, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Word - Format linked data columns problem - Similar Threads - Word Format linked

2. Word problem with links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word problem with links: I am formatting a Word file for a print edition for a book with links from the table of contents. The table of contents links appear as {PAGEREF _Toc143854917 \h} etc. I know I can select each one and hit shift-F9 to correct it, but why is this happening? Have never had this...
  3. Word problem with links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word problem with links: I am formatting a Word file for a print edition for a book with links from the table of contents. The table of contents links appear as {PAGEREF _Toc143854917 \h} etc. I know I can select each one and hit shift-F9 to correct it, but why is this happening? Have never had this...
  4. go to next column in word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    go to next column in word: I have a word document and inserted 3 columns on a page. I have all the notes form one book in the first column and want to put notes from 2nd book in second column. I see the 3 columns but when in the first I can find no way to tab into the second column to enter text there....
  5. go to next column in word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    go to next column in word: I have a word document and inserted 3 columns on a page. I have all the notes form one book in the first column and want to put notes from 2nd book in second column. I see the 3 columns but when in the first I can find no way to tab into the second column to enter text there....
  6. IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS data format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS data format: In the function ClearCommError from winbase API, an IOCTL call with code IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS is sent to the driver and a pointer Request is passed as a parameter. What exactly is expected to be returned to the function by this pointer from the driver side? What is the...
  7. Powershell: How to separately data in 1 column to others columns with header ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell: How to separately data in 1 column to others columns with header ?: Dear supporter, Thank you for your visit, I'm a very new with Powershell data array, I have a question and I hope you can help me: I have a .csv file with 3 column, "Auditdata" is one of them and it contains too much data and I can't filter them. its data in format...
  8. Add a chart column in Word?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add a chart column in Word?: Hi, I have created a diagram in my Word document (Insert>Diagram>Column) and now I want to edit the columns so that I finally have seven columns. Can anyone help me? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/diagrammsaeule-in-word-hinzufuegen
  9. WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge

in Microsoft Office and 365
    WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge: I'm trying to address some envelopes (8.5"W x 6"H) with addresses from an Excel spreadsheet. The merge works fine, and the placement of the text on the envelopes is fine inside the editing view. In Print Preview, however, while the text displays correctly an imported JPG is...
  10. Column Bar problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Column Bar problems.: I'm having a problem with the Column Bar in File Explorer. I like to show Backup Method in my backup folders along with Name, Date, etc. When I first installed Windows 10 it wasn't available in the drop down so I didn't think too much about it, but then a couple of weeks...