Windows 10: Word interface flickers black when Zoom application is open

Discus and support Word interface flickers black when Zoom application is open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since my college switched to remote learning, I've been noticing that having a Zoom meeting open causes some kind of graphics interference with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bad_year97, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Word interface flickers black when Zoom application is open

Ever since my college switched to remote learning, I've been noticing that having a Zoom meeting open causes some kind of graphics interference with Word. If I type into a Word document when Zoom is open, black bars flicker across the Word interface any time I press a key. I have no idea what's causing this or how to fix it. I use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, another video call app, for some classes, and it doesn't cause this problem. Only Zoom. For reference, I have Word 2013 x64 installed on a laptop with discrete graphics (Nvidia GeForce MX150). I already checked the drivers and they're all up to date.

submitted by /u/bad_year97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bad_year97, Dec 3, 2020

2. photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Dec 3, 2020
  3. velut Win User
    Flickering black desktop

Thank you for your reply. I tried safe mode, and that stopped the task bar from flickering but nothing else responds other than the control alt delete menu. I can't open anything other than command prompt though, so I can't try most of the other suggestions on that list.

velut, Dec 3, 2020
  4. ss2020 Win User

Word interface flickers black when Zoom application is open

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Word interface flickers black when Zoom application is open

1. Word interface flickers black when Zoom application is open - Similar Threads - Word interface flickers

2. Windows explorer and applications turns black when opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer and applications turns black when opened: Hello expert,I'm facing an annoying problem with windows 11 on my new custom build PC.When I use file exporer or open an application e.g Adobe PDF reader sometimes the windows turns black.Following an example with a print order. If i move the cursor then the black turns...
  3. Windows explorer and applications turns black when opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer and applications turns black when opened: Hello expert,I'm facing an annoying problem with windows 11 on my new custom build PC.When I use file exporer or open an application e.g Adobe PDF reader sometimes the windows turns black.Following an example with a print order. If i move the cursor then the black turns...
  4. Selected Text in Word Application is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Text in Word Application is black.: Selected Text in Word is black. It is only happening in Word. Powerpoint, Excel and Notepad are working fine as earlier. My speech recognition is already disabled. I do not have any add-ins installed in Word. I tried the safe opening option as well. Nothing seems to work....
  5. Selected Text in Word Application is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selected Text in Word Application is black.: Selected Text in Word is black. It is only happening in Word. Powerpoint, Excel and Notepad are working fine as earlier. My speech recognition is already disabled. I do not have any add-ins installed in Word. I tried the safe opening option as well. Nothing seems to work....
  6. Pc black screening when I open applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc black screening when I open applications: last night I logged on to play on my pc, I noticed that the game I was playing had no audio. So I tabbed out and clicked on the audio icon which had a red x on it. It recommended that I update the audio driver. I allowed it to update and it went black screen until this...
  7. Black screen when teams ans word are open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when teams ans word are open: Hi, I have a problem with my pc, when I have teams and word OR word and a lot of window open, my screen turn black for 1 second and then come back at normal I think this happens when I move the cursor I verified the pilots are updated When the gestionnary control is open and...
  8. Zoom flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom flickers: I've been using zoom for a while now, and one day, the whole screen starting flickering. I have two graphic cards, Nvidia GTX 1050 and Intel 630. When I disable the Intel driver from the device manager, the flickering stops. I always have to disable it before starting a...
  9. Images Zoom In when Opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images Zoom In when Opened: I have a situation where my images keep zooming in when I go to view them and then pulsate like I'm zooming in and out. When this happens I can't zoom back out and it just keeps doing this till I close the image. Please help me....
  10. Zoom Application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zoom Application: With the remote learning, we are required to use Zoom for school; however, I am unable to download. Is there a special link to use because it is not found in the application store? Some say remove the block by going to Safe mode BUT I was told they experienced issues shortly...