Windows 10: Word is not saving to PDF in colour

Discus and support Word is not saving to PDF in colour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi the Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro 64-bit. I am running from a desktop PC. At some point this year, following a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klinkehoffen, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Word is not saving to PDF in colour

Hi the Microsoft Community,

I am running Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro 64-bit. I am running from a desktop PC. At some point this year, following a Windows update, I found that Office programmes with already coloured text - tested on Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word - will 'print' to pdf, or 'save as' pdf, with all text now in black. I have checked all settings. From time to time I have gone hunting for an answer, but have been unable to find anything that works. The closest problem report I have found with what appears to be the same problem is here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lor-when/c704cb71-9699-4da0-997b-512a9d064e75, which appears to have no solution.

• Colour is selected.
    • Backgrounds and images show up in colour, but text remains unremittingly black.
    • I have selected font to download as softfont on all files.
    • I have used two different pdf drivers: Adobe Acrobat, and 7-pdf, and neither will 'print' text in colour from Word. From within Word, 'save as' also gives only black font.
    • See the image below: PowerPoint images print in colour, but all text is black.

Word is not saving to PDF in colour [​IMG]

This is a VERY frustrating problem when I am preparing pdf materials for students and my carefully coloured documents are now effectively black and white. Having used two different pdf programmes, it seems likely to me that this problem is at the Microsoft end.

I would appreciate someone looking into this.

:)

klinkehoffen, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Saving a word document as PDF

Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how
    to get it into my drop down options please?

VickiSchlimper, Aug 10, 2020
  4. RebekahW. Win User

Word is not saving to PDF in colour

Word to PDF and I get back ground colours

When I convert a Word (from a PC) to a PDF file, the PDF file has a background colour. I do NOT want a background colour.

How do I get rid of this?

Thank you

RebekahW., Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Word is not saving to PDF in colour

1. Word is not saving to PDF in colour - Similar Threads - Word saving PDF

2. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  3. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  4. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  5. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  6. MS Word > Save as PDF Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word > Save as PDF Question: Folks, when I do this, the pdf opens with MS Edge,. How do I save it as a regular pdf that opens by itself without opening in a browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-save-as-pdf-question/5c27fad6-5640-4456-8c77-e30ce17b907b
  7. MS Word > Save as PDF Question

MS Word > Save as PDF Question: Folks, when I do this, the pdf opens with MS Edge,. How do I save it as a regular pdf that opens by itself without opening in a browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-save-as-pdf-question/5c27fad6-5640-4456-8c77-e30ce17b907b
  8. Saving a Word document into a PDF file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving a Word document into a PDF file: I am getting the following error when saving to a PDF file in Word. I can open any PDF file I have, but I can't save one. I don't know where to go to solve this. I have reinstalled Adobe and Word....
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. Word to PDF and I get back ground colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word to PDF and I get back ground colours: When I convert a Word (from a PC) to a PDF file, the PDF file has a background colour. I do NOT want a background colour. How do I get rid of this? Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. colors change when saving word as pdf