Windows 10: Word is not working excel is and so is access

Discus and support Word is not working excel is and so is access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Word is not working excel is and so is access. Don't know why is is sudden and I didn't do anything except you wanted me to download a new version and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pam_Fleuret, May 30, 2019.

1. Word is not working excel is and so is access

Word is not working excel is and so is access. Don't know why is is sudden and I didn't do anything except you wanted me to download a new version and it stopped working.

:)

Pam_Fleuret, May 30, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :

Word is not working excel is and so is access [​IMG]

Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, May 30, 2019
  3. SRV
    srv Win User

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange *Smile

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

4. RDSmith00 Win User

Word is not working excel is and so is access

To get a file into a Word or Excel taskbar jump list:
    Create a shortcut to the workbook or document you want in the jump list, rename it as you wish, then copy (Ctl+drag) it onto the Excel or Word icon on the taskbar. It will then be pinned there; i.e. when you right click the icon, you'll see the file. Click it to open it.

RDSmith00, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Word is not working excel is and so is access

1. Word is not working excel is and so is access - Similar Threads - Word working excel

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. my windows not working excel and word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my windows not working excel and word: From yesterday my excel and word not working i have installed just before one month its asking activation help me to work this software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-not-working-excel-and-word/8c5f4f08-1c8e-4413-a8a3-2bd6e35d50cf
  5. My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible: Since the recent window upgrade my documents are not opening any more. Pls see the attached error screenshot. Kindly advise on what to do to access and edit my saved documents on my laptop, Thanks...
  6. Word and excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and excel: I bought this computer with word and excel already installed, no discs or install codes were given. I received an automatic upgrade from microsoft November 10th and installed the upgrade as usual. When I tried to open an excel file it changed the file name and would not open...
  7. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  8. Fonts not working in Word, but working in Excel and Publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts not working in Word, but working in Excel and Publisher: I have a number of installed fonts that are working fine in Excel and Publisher, but are not working at all in Word. The fonts are listed, but when I select them, it displays and prints a generic font instead of the font that is selected....
  9. Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.: My father passed away and has an HP TouchSmart computer. He was almost blind and the computer was very helpful for him. I want to donate it to The University of Colorado Anshutz Vision Center so someone can benefit from it. I watched numerous Utube videos on how to erase the...
  10. IS THERE A WORKING SMARTPEN FOR EXCEL OR WORD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IS THERE A WORKING SMARTPEN FOR EXCEL OR WORD ?: Livescribe 3 smartpen AP-701 DIGITAL PEN FROM ANOTO NEO SMART PEN Is there a pen dat realy works wit Word or Excel ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/is-there-a-working-smartpen-for-excel-or-word/40d8cb30-f6f6-43c2-83e0-dbba6a6c3bd5