Windows 10: Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back

Discus and support Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For some reason, no matter how many times i remove some items from recently accessed files (right click Word icon on taskbar), they keep coming back.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by danielson, Jun 22, 2019.

1. danielson Win User

Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back

For some reason, no matter how many times i remove some items from recently accessed files (right click Word icon on taskbar), they keep coming back. *sarc

:)

danielson, Jun 22, 2019

2. Show Jump list not showing recent documents (or anything)

I have enabled show recent documents in jump list (and restarted). There is a '>' after e.g. Word, Adobe but nothing shows when I click it. Hovering over the '>' brings up 'Show Jump List'.

Second question is - does one have to click the '>' for recent doc to appear? If so this is a downgrade from W7 where the recent docs appear when one hovers over the program.

MikePRoberts, Jun 22, 2019
  3. SRV
    srv Win User
    Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange *Smile

Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back [​IMG]

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back [​IMG]

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

4. Linney Win User

On the jumplist, any previously opened Word doc is listed twice

What are you syncing on this machine? Are the Word Docs being synced between OneDrive and your machine?

Duplicate entries under 'Recent'

http://software.moftalk.com/duplicate-entries-under-recent-GqtaSmKe.html

Check out Settings/ Accounts/ Sync your setting.

The paragraph called "Turn Off Jump Lists in Windows 10" in the following article has some interesting information at the end of the paragraph concerning the stored locations of jump lists.

Delete or Clear Jump List Recent Items in Windows 7, 8 & 10

Delete or Clear Jump List Recent Items in Windows 7, 8 & 10

Linney, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back - Similar Threads - Word jump recent

2. Microsoft Word recent list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word recent list: Evening all, I have my option in Word turned off for saving in OneDrive, so everything saves to my computer. But, just yesterday, when I clicked "File," and then "Open," it showed all of the documents that had previously been saved to my OneDrive, and none that I had...
  3. Screen jumps when right-clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen jumps when right-clicking: Hi Does anyone know how I can fix the screen jumping when I right-click? It happens in all browsers, Excel & Outlook, but of course not all the time. See the screen recording: Screen jumping mp4 Windows 10 2004 19041.450 I've tried uninstalling & reinstall mouse...
  4. Put Word doc list in abc order

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Put Word doc list in abc order: How do I change a Word 2013 doc. list into abc order 160103
  5. Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back: Since the taskbar jump list (recent files) has been removed, is there some registry edits that can be made to return the functionality/ submitted by /u/super_delegate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fclp1k/taskbar_jump_list_get_it_back/
  6. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  7. Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items)

Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items): Apparently a registry tweak is needed to have Windows 10 remove unwanted list of docs (when right-clicking on Word/Excel icons on taskbar). Just haven't found the tweak yet and afaik, the guy at Microsoft forums who posted such as response is gone to timbuktoo.*sarc 136235
  8. Office - Taskbar - Jump List - Right Click - No Remove Command

Office - Taskbar - Jump List - Right Click - No Remove Command: Just started in last couple of weeks -- when I right click an Office icon on Taskbar (Word, Excel) and then right click, only a blank pop-up window appears. Same thing for Office icons in Start Menu. Does not show a "Remove this item" or other commands. It looks like this:...
  9. Recent List on right clicking icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent List on right clicking icon: I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any applications icon (Word, Excel< etc..) it does not show recently opened files like it was before. I do have the toggle for that option...
  10. Right click to open a new word doc file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click to open a new word doc file: It is very usual to get a new text document and Microsoft word document by simply doing a right click. But mine has changed from that to [rtf (rich text format) with a right click]. due to some reason Would anybody please explain how to change it back to default [a word...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel jumplist recent files keep coming back