Windows 10: Word Keeps Not Responding

Discus and support Word Keeps Not Responding in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I have a co-worker who's MS Word keeps not responding when using spell check. It happens on any word file. The task manager seems to show the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by XXLMandalorian, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Word Keeps Not Responding

Hello, I have a co-worker who's MS Word keeps not responding when using spell check. It happens on any word file. The task manager seems to show the hard drive at 2% when word does not respond but CPU and RAM looks fine. They are server files.

Specs: 64 bit Win 10, 8 gig ram, Office 365 for business 2005

Windows is up to date, ran word in safe mode with no add-ins, disabled graphics hardware acceleration, ran quick and full office repair, ran dism and sfc /scan now and nothing found, disabled ESET(anti-virus), tried disconnecting from server drives and re-mounting, deleted the Word Data registry subkey and restarted the PC, word is up to date, optimized for compatibility and best appearance, ran word in "winword /a"

When the user is away I will make sure her GPU is up to date, do a clean boot then uninstall Office365. Any other suggestions? Not sure what else is left lol

:)

XXLMandalorian, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Ed Brady Win User

Problem: Word (not responding). Suggestions?

Problem: Word (not responding).

Suggestions?

Ed Brady, Jun 23, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Word Keeps Not Responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Word Keeps Not Responding

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Word Keeps Not Responding

1. Word Keeps Not Responding - Similar Threads - Word Keeps Responding

2. Word 2000 not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2000 not responding: As a bit of an anorak, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and have stuck with Word 2000 as I'm familiar with it and don't need anything fancier. I dont have Microsoft Office, just Word 2000. Its been fine for a decade, but it suddenly stopped responding. I tried...
  3. Word 2000 not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2000 not responding: As a bit of an anorak, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and have stuck with Word 2000 as I'm familiar with it and don't need anything fancier. I dont have Microsoft Office, just Word 2000. Its been fine for a decade, but it suddenly stopped responding. I tried...
  4. Word continually fails to respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word continually fails to respond: Word fails to respond when I try to upload a document or add a Word attachment to email. I try it dozens of times until it randomly works and my document uploads. I'm sending documents to different businesses, and it happens on all of their sites. I am trying to upload dox...
  5. Word continually fails to respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word continually fails to respond: Word fails to respond when I try to upload a document or add a Word attachment to email. I try it dozens of times until it randomly works and my document uploads. I'm sending documents to different businesses, and it happens on all of their sites. I am trying to upload dox...
  6. Word continually fails to respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Power point and Word not responding.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power point and Word not responding.: Hello Sir,On my pc Power point and Word not responding. Please help me. What to do?It is showing msg Repair now, But when I click on that it was closed within second.Please reply as possible as soon.Thank You...
  8. Word not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word not responding: I have a large doc that I am working on and it keep hanging. then comes back. here is the info from Diag any help is welcome. Microsoft Word Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE Creation Time: 4/11/2021...
  9. Microsoft Word not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word not responding: Microsoft word tells me it is not responding, then when I wait for the program to close it just freezes for hours. I used to get regular updates from Microsoft but haven't for a very long time. Could this be the issue? It is very scary as I am an editor and although I save...
  10. word is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    word is not responding: Hi The screen of my lap top went all 'jazzy' earlier this morning. I switched off and rebooted but since this time when I try to create a word document the message word not responding (compatibility mode) flashes up. How do I put things back to normal?...