Windows 10: WORD launch

Discus and support WORD launch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop "WORD" from launching on start-up? Kevan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevanSouthwick, Nov 15, 2019.

1. WORD launch

How do I stop "WORD" from launching on start-up? Kevan

:)

KevanSouthwick, Nov 15, 2019
  2. JOE1865 Win User

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Tom_g35 Win User
    Word launches at startup

Not sure if this is a Office issue or an OS issue, but just lately Microsoft Word launches at startup on my laptop.

I've searched the startup folders in my profile but cannot identify anything that would explain this behaviour. Has anyone a suggestion as to how I stop this?

Thanks

Tom_g35, Nov 15, 2019
  4. WORD launch

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

WORD launch

1. WORD launch - Similar Threads - WORD launch

2. Is there a way to show word suggestions as in Gboard for androids but on pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to show word suggestions as in Gboard for androids but on pc?: I would love to type on pc but since English is not my first language, there are some words where i i can only type the beginning of and Gboard does the rest. Is there a settings, an app somhow for pc? submitted by /u/ThrilledStoic [link] [comments]...
  3. Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word: I prepared a file using Nepali Unicode in MS Word yesterday. Today, when I opened the file again, I was surprised that the words were completely reversed and made no sense. What could be the reason for this? And what is the solution to this problem?...
  4. Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word: I prepared a file using Nepali Unicode in MS Word yesterday. Today, when I opened the file again, I was surprised that the words were completely reversed and made no sense. What could be the reason for this? And what is the solution to this problem?...
  5. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  6. Microsoft Word 2016 launches automatically after Windows 10 boot-up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Word 2016 launches automatically after Windows 10 boot-up: Resolved after disabling Word Connected Experience [img] 175474
  7. Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up: After the computer boots up, Word launches automatically with 4 or more new word documents opening up. Searched internet and MS but found old fixes that did not work with my version of Windows 10. Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 I was able to correct the...
  8. Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup: I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10: NOT IN START UP FOLDER Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System...
  9. Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 starup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 starup: I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10: NOT IN START UP FOLDER Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System...
  10. Win 10 taking 3 min to launch link or open Word doc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking 3 min to launch link or open Word doc: My Dell Optiplex 980 (Win 10 16.299, 8 gb RAM) has been working fine, until this morning, when on waking up from sleep it abruptly slowed to a crawl. That's 'crawl' as in taking 3 minutes to open Word, another 3 to move from one doc to another in the same directory, 5 min to...