Windows 10: Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

Discus and support Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the computer boots up, Word launches automatically with 4 or more new word documents opening up. Searched internet and MS but found old fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AviatorCFI, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

After the computer boots up, Word launches automatically with 4 or more new word documents opening up. Searched internet and MS but found old fixes that did not work with my version of Windows 10.

Windows 10 Home

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.720

I was able to correct the problem by repairing my MS Office as follows go to and select:

Windows Settings
    Apps
    Microsoft Office [from App list]
    User Account Control window [select "yes"]
    Online Repair
    Repair

. . . after repair is finished - restart computer.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem I experienced.

:)

AviatorCFI, Mar 23, 2020
  2. JOE1865 Win User

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Catfelix Win User
    Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch?

Catfelix, Mar 23, 2020
  4. GJM1969 Win User

Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

Word opening automatically on startup (windows 10)

Hello

In the last few days only, Word has opened automatically when my computer starts up. I have read other threads on a similar subject and have already checked for the following:

1. Task Manager (Start Up) - Word does not appear in this list

2. Regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) - checked and there is no string with Word in it.

Neither of these steps works.

If anyone knows of another solution, then please advise.

GJM

GJM1969, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

1. Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up - Similar Threads - Word launches automatically

2. Microsoft Word 2016 launches automatically after Windows 10 boot-up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Word 2016 launches automatically after Windows 10 boot-up: Resolved after disabling Word Connected Experience [img] 175474
  3. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  4. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  5. Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads.

Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads.: About 3 weeks ago, Office automatically uploads and MS Word starts when Windows 10 loads. I've tried following; Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press Enter. On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View tab....
  6. App keeps launching automatically at start-up

App keeps launching automatically at start-up: I have installed Zoom but this app launches automatically taking over my screen.I don’t know how to stop it. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-keeps-launching-automatically-at-start-up/4f228a80-69ed-4535-ba8a-38170a143c71
  7. Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup: I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10: NOT IN START UP FOLDER Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System...
  8. Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 starup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 starup: I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10: NOT IN START UP FOLDER Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System...
  9. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...
  10. Word document automatically loads at start up.

Word document automatically loads at start up.: Thanks, that's done the trick. *Smile