Windows 10: Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .

Discus and support Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and . in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Word locks up whenever using the backspace button to change the number 5 and the . button. Whenever I try to change 2.5 to another digit, like 3. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chris peris, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .

Word locks up whenever using the backspace button to change the number 5 and the . button.

Whenever I try to change 2.5 to another digit, like 3. I backspace on the 5 and when I backspace the . it freezes and I lose all work! This happens on multiple computers running newest version of Word.

:)

chris peris, Dec 2, 2020

2. backspace speed

My backspace only erases one character at a time. Answers on this forum indicated that by going to control panel - keyboard there is a setting. Not on mine. I can change speed of typing but no word of backspace. I changed the typing speed but it has no
    effect on backspace. Another suggested it is in filters. I can not find any filters. A search for filters did not find anything.

heisserman, Dec 2, 2020
  3. TOOGAM Win User
    Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .

Backspace works longer than pressed

A few days ago my backspace starting to do weird.

Today i noticed that my arrowkeys had the same problem.

The problem is that my keys work longer than i want.

For example:

I press my backspace for 3 seconds but i delete my text for 5 seconds.

Can someone help me with this?

ps. I have a laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Z710

TomGeessinck, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .

1. Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and . - Similar Threads - Word locks pressing

2. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  3. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  4. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backspace is not working on word: I was trying to sort out my bullet point settings and have done something to my backspace settings inadvertently I think. I can backspace to delete words on the same line, but cannot backspace to go to the previous line. Does anyone know how I can fix this?...
  6. My backspace is not working on word

My backspace is not working on word: I was trying to sort out my bullet point settings and have done something to my backspace settings inadvertently I think. I can backspace to delete words on the same line, but cannot backspace to go to the previous line. Does anyone know how I can fix this?...
  7. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  9. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  10. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word freezes control backspace

2. backspace in word locks up word