Windows 10: Word opening files as Document1, Document2

Discus and support Word opening files as Document1, Document2 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by asus2016, Dec 6, 2018.

1. asus2016 Win User

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies, and they're named Document1, Document2, etc.

If I right-click on the file and pick "open" then the file will properly - that file, that name.

How do I get the "expected" behavior from Word, so that double-clicking on a file will open that file with that name?

:)

asus2016, Dec 6, 2018

2. Word 2016 is starting up when I switch on PC

In fact it is opening several blank documents - Document1, Document2, Document3, Document4 and Document5.

ClivesPlace, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    Integrated PDF Printer empty filename field

Some programs can suggest a name in the Save As box and it may be a few words at the very beginning of a document, for example some versions of Word can do it, WordPerfect default is Document1, Document2, etc., depending upon files already in the Documents Folder but that is not helpful in describing the document. A lot of the file naming convention has been in use many years as no two files of the exact same name can exist in the same Folder.

Berton, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Word opening files as Document1, Document2

microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

1. Word opening files as Document1, Document2 - Similar Threads - Word opening files

2. Word opening files as Document1, Document2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2: If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies, and they're named Document1, Document2, etc. If I right-click on the file and pick "open" then the file will properly - that...
  3. cannnot open excel or word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannnot open excel or word: I cannot open office or word today. I am on a time crunch and I m not sure what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannnot-open-excel-or-word/15f4675b-a2ea-4052-9d20-60989f3f93bf
  4. can not open word document

can not open word document: I just upgraded office 2007 to office 2016. On all of my fils that I made with my older version can be opened with 2016. But if I create a new document with Word 2016 and save it, when I try to open it a message pops up telling me that this is valid only with installed...
  5. Error opening MS Word

Error opening MS Word: I've just upgraded from W7to W10 today and have done some tweaks to the system regarding all those privacy issues. Now I've installed Ms Office and when wanting to open Word, I was greeted with this [img] error screen. Why is that? How should I configure my system? This...
  6. Word document opens in gibberish

Word document opens in gibberish: I am using Word 2007. A few of the documents I transferred from my old computer have opened in gibberish e.g Code: ãªh–8mÆBÍ× RCq,cÊ[Q·$‡'“JQ½˜ÞžéfÞU’PÄaèzÕy›;ˆ•Ô ÇÍÞ*{Ñ» *Uˆn[1]Æx*ÇÍj[/quote] The method recommended by Msoft...
  7. OneDrive and open Word docs

OneDrive and open Word docs: Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage. Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight. In the course of that time, I make a lot of...
  8. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...
  9. Why am I getting "Document1 - Word" to appear (x4 windows) when reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting "Document1 - Word" to appear (x4 windows) when reboot: Hello When I reboot Windows10, why am I getting four MS Word windows entitled "Document1 - word"? Or to be more accurate, the 4th window is in fact called "Documen2 - Word" I am also getting six popup messages called "3DxService", containing the message "The...
  10. Windows 10 search opens 'word' incorrect file association

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search opens 'word' incorrect file association: When I use the left hand side search and click on results other than 'web', a word document is opened! How do I reset the correct app association for this action/file type. Thank you in advance 15570