Windows 10: Word opens by itself

Discus and support Word opens by itself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I boot into Windows, Microsoft Word opens up 4 blank documents. I checked under the startup folder and task manager and Word is not there. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeWatson6, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Word opens by itself

Whenever I boot into Windows, Microsoft Word opens up 4 blank documents. I checked under the startup folder and task manager and Word is not there.

I have not tried uninstalling Word but I am trying to figure out what is making Word open up these windows.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Version 1903

Thanks for the suggestions, I have just switched on and the problem has disappeared.

Strange!

:)

MikeWatson6, Aug 4, 2019
  2. asus2016 Win User

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Sep 29, 2019
  3. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 29, 2019
  4. Word opens by itself

microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Word opens by itself

1. Word opens by itself - Similar Threads - Word opens itself

2. Word not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word not opening.: I have 365. I can not open word or PDF documents. I have uninstalled 365 and re-installed. I have removed all COMM add-ons. Other apps excel and powerpoint start fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-opening/a9381300-3bfa-4c7d-8f93-b2bb239d4fbd
  3. Word not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word not opening.: I have 365. I can not open word or PDF documents. I have uninstalled 365 and re-installed. I have removed all COMM add-ons. Other apps excel and powerpoint start fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-opening/a9381300-3bfa-4c7d-8f93-b2bb239d4fbd
  4. word document will not open

word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  5. App opening by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App opening by itself: I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can I seem to figure out what it is but whenever I play a game it takes me back to the desktop of my pc either that or makes my...
  6. App opening by itself

App opening by itself: I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can I seem to figure out what it is but whenever I play a game it takes me back to the desktop of my pc either that or makes my...
  7. Cortana opens itself

Cortana opens itself: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself...….in Full Screen. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure...
  8. Cortana opens by itself ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana opens by itself ???: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is...
  9. Explorer opening by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening by itself: This happened just now as I was reading an article via Chrome. I heard a sound on my speakers and then Explorer opened. It has done this many times recently. It opens but nothing happened. I've checked the Event Viewer but see nothing out of the ordinary. Is there something...
  10. Explorer opens by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens by itself: Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives. When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times. Nothing is seemingly downloaded. There are no other user sessions besides my own. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft word opens by itself

2. microsoft word just randomly opened on its own

3. microsoft word opened by itself

4. word keeps opening on its own,
  5. why does excel keep opening when starting my pc 2019,
  6. open microsoft word 2019,
  7. word automatically starts up,
  8. 2019 word starts automaticly,
  9. stop excel from opening on startup