Windows 10: Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

Discus and support Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivan GN, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Ivan GN Win User

Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked elsewhere though. It's really weird, I can't seem to find any setting in Word itself, and Google isn't helping me. I don't recall it happening before I installed Windows 11, I just know that that's about when it started. Are there any other details that might be useful?Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 21H2Installed on ‎7/‎16/‎2021OS build 22000.194Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0

:)

Ivan GN, Oct 6, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

Hi Tanay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the laptop takes time to wake up the screen after waking up from sleep mode.

Ideally, if there are multiple processes running in the background the computer will take some time to wake up from sleep. However, you may want to try changing few settings on the computer and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Power Options.
    5. Click on Choose what the power buttons do, and click
      Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Select the checkbox for Turn on fast startup.
    7. Click Save changes

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 6, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 6, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep. - Similar Threads - Word opens every

2. Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode: Hi, I am running windows 11 and every time the computer wakes up from sleep it also opens a command prompt window. I have tried several solutions, but have had no success. Can you help please?Thank you!Jim...
  3. Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode: Hi, I am running windows 11 and every time the computer wakes up from sleep it also opens a command prompt window. I have tried several solutions, but have had no success. Can you help please?Thank you!Jim...
  4. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  5. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  6. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.: I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked elsewhere though. It's really weird, I can't seem to find any setting in Word itself, and Google isn't helping me. I don't recall...
  8. My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.

My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.: The subject is pretty self-explaining I guess. I run the same Windows 10 updates and everything is identical and up to date all the time. I'm not sure if someone is having the same issue or maybe other people just turn their PC off when they're not using it but I'm more a...
  9. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night: I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it never seems to finish searching for new updates. In searching for a cause of the waking, I have come across the following...
  10. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004