Windows 10: Word opens multiple times on signing in

Discus and support Word opens multiple times on signing in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Fairly recently, when I logon to my laptop, word opens multiple times. I have not left a document open before shutting down, so puzzled why this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by melissacohen1, May 2, 2020.

1. Word opens multiple times on signing in

Fairly recently, when I logon to my laptop, word opens multiple times. I have not left a document open before shutting down, so puzzled why this is happening. I have looked in startup - it is not listed there.

:)

melissacohen1, May 2, 2020

2. Word opens multiple windows

When I click Word app icon, multiple document windows open automatically. I then have to close the unwanted documents by clicking x icon, it a hassle to go through this every time I open. How can I stop this?

ParkParkZZPark, May 2, 2020
  3. signing multiple documents on surface pro

I am unable to sign multiple Word documents on Surface Pro. I used to be able to have multiple documents up and sign them as I finished them. Now I have to close out each document and can only sign one at a time. Is there a setting that would allow
    me to go back to having multiple documents open and sign them as I go?

TeamGrossman, May 2, 2020
  4. Word opens multiple times on signing in

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Word opens multiple times on signing in

1. Word opens multiple times on signing in - Similar Threads - Word opens multiple

2. App opens multiple times with one click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App opens multiple times with one click: I am having a major issue that keeps bogging down my PC. When I open lets say Google Chrome I open my task manager and it shows over 10 pages open in my task manager when I only clicked the icon 1 time. This happens with every app that I open. Why does this happen? What can I...
  3. App opens multiple times with one click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App opens multiple times with one click: I am having a major issue that keeps bogging down my PC. When I open lets say Google Chrome I open my task manager and it shows over 10 pages open in my task manager when I only clicked the icon 1 time. This happens with every app that I open. Why does this happen? What can I...
  4. Open Minecraft multiple times (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Minecraft multiple times (Windows 10)?: How do I open Minecraft Windows 10 Edition multiple times Minecraft mehrmals öffnen (Windows 10)?
  5. Open multiple files at the same time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  6. Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?: Something strange happened, while I'm the sole and only user of this PC, the sign-in info site of MS says otherwise... It didn't happen before but can it be a strange bug? (I only have just 1 account) [img] But my PC runs just fine... just the...
  7. Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?

in Windows 10 Support
    Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?: Something strange happened, while I'm the sole and only user of this PC, the sign-in info site of MS says otherwise... It didn't happen before but can it be a strange bug? (I only have just 1 account) [img] But my PC runs just fine... just the...
  8. Timed 'open' status on Word documents

Timed 'open' status on Word documents: Hello all, Often I get up from my work desk to have a coffee, or lunch etc and I forget to close the word document I'm amending or creating. This is bad, but it happens. OK, I could make the desktop hibernate after a few minutes, but that's inconvenient. All I really need...
  9. Open program multiple times - advenced

Open program multiple times - advenced: Hello, I would like to scan in the same time from two Epson scanners (V800 and V600) from one PC (Windows10). But when you turn on Epson scaner you can connect only with one scaner in the same time (connection only USB) How to open multiply Epson Scaner (dedicated...
  10. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users Signed In at One Time: I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy! Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question. 2620