Windows 10: word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.

Discus and support word or note pad not being able to save/ save as. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If you are having issues with not being able to save a document, try this. Go to search bar and type in Controlled folder, go to the controlled folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oM00SEo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. oM00SEo Win User

word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.

If you are having issues with not being able to save a document, try this.

Go to search bar and type in Controlled folder, go to the controlled folder access program, then to "allow an app through Controlled folder access>then to add an allowed app, go to recently blocked and click on the program being blocked. Don't turn off the protection like others are saying out there, just the legit program being blocked.

:)

oM00SEo, Sep 29, 2019

2. Word Pad and saving documents

Can I create 2 documents in word pad and save them to the same file? I don't have Office.

haxelotourke, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Word Pad

I previously asked a question about being able to open Word Pad, which was answered. I was able to pin Word Pad to start. However, I have the problem of only being able to read a document without being able to edit it, unless I purchase Office. Is Word
    Pad no longer a free app that comes with Windows 10? I created and saved a test document that is saved to an rtf file. Previously, I could choose which file this was saved to, but Word Pad is no longer giving me the option. It automatically saves this to
    the rtf file which is also linked to a cloud. I also cannot access previously created documents that are in the cloud without purchasing Office. Is there a way to change this or do I need to purchase Office?

Robin Hassett, Sep 29, 2019
  4. word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.

Saving Word Pad document as Google Doc

I have a document that was saved on Word Pad automatically. How can I convert that to a Google Doc?

SusanMalatesta, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.

1. word or note pad not being able to save/ save as. - Similar Threads - word note pad

2. how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad: how to retrieve a saved over document that was in word pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-saved-over-document-in-word-pad/39b4cf16-9300-40a5-8f76-dea08e7b58b7
  3. Not being able to save files in drive

Not being able to save files in drive: Ive had this problem from a long time, but it is that i cannot save files at my 2nd hard drive. Local Disk C: ended space and i need some, but i cant download stuff nor save stuff there. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  4. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  5. Note Pad opens saved files minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Note Pad opens saved files minimized: All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok. If I make a notepad...
  6. "save as" in Word

"save as" in Word: Suddenly, when I do "save as", there is no list of folders to choose from to save to> What happened? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-in-word/1e3c5119-563f-4c70-9a2b-47420a7938c9"
  7. note pad word pad reading documents

note pad word pad reading documents: whenever I open docs in word pad or note pad it is in script that I cant read hod do I translate to normal reading ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/note-pad-word-pad-reading-documents/e9d0f461-5cb9-42c9-92ce-21f23fa4312d
  8. Switching "Save To" to something other than Note Pad

Switching "Save To" to something other than Note Pad: I chose to save a doc to Notepad but couldn't read it. Now the other saving options are gone. How do I get to where I can save to something I can read?...
  9. How to save an article in note pad ?

How to save an article in note pad ?: I have a no name one from China it worked great for a year or more but now that I have a problem he does not appear to want to help. If I was to get one from you I have all 4 cameras , I have my hard drive , antennas I just need what I need to get it back online that is my...
  10. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?: I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes? I don't mean saving them...