Windows 10: Word program missing from computer

Discus and support Word program missing from computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned on computer to open a word document and the message WINWORD.EXE has been changed or moved appears despite the app not being touched. Files have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EllisK1, May 26, 2020.

1. EllisK1 Win User

Word program missing from computer

Turned on computer to open a word document and the message WINWORD.EXE has been changed or moved appears despite the app not being touched. Files have been changed to word pad files, but the rest of my MS office 2016 package is working as normal. I have already repaired the office application as suggested from another question, i cannot re-download word without having to pay for the app again.

:)

EllisK1, May 26, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 26, 2020
  3. Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2020
  4. Word program missing from computer

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Word program missing from computer

1. Word program missing from computer - Similar Threads - Word program missing

2. Word program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word program: My Word program suddenly changed several days ago, and I can't get back to where it was. Has there been a change or upgrade recently? Mainly the formatting shows 2 pages, one above the other, and the 2nd page can't be deleted....
  3. Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019: 1.New ThinkPad X1 Carbon with Windows 10 2.Installed Office 2010 - everything fine 3.Installed Office 2019 still all good 4.Uninstalled Word and Excel 2010 - no problems 5.After some weeks Office 2019 turned into Office 2016 and Word docs became generic plain icons but still...
  4. Print in color option missing from Word

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print in color option missing from Word: Within the last few days, the print color option has been removed from the printer settings in Word. I have looked everywhere, uploaded revisions, restarted, and still not there....
  5. Program icons missing from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  6. word icon missing from toolbar

word icon missing from toolbar: how to get Word 360 to operate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-icon-missing-from-toolbar/a8d2c402-cce0-4c8c-b3f3-feb2b1ca07b8
  7. Program missing from Programs and Features

Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...
  8. missing words

missing words: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click....
  9. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list: Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too. Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far...
  10. Missing data from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing data from Programs and Features: Some genius from Microsoft Office 365 support did something in my control panel having to do with mail setup and user accounts to try and fix my Office 365 install. <dident work BTW I found the solution on my own> After he did this almost every time I open Programs And...