Windows 10: Word ribbon flashing

Discus and support Word ribbon flashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; And the normal.dotm file icon has an exclamation mark, if that means anything. Does not flash when safestarted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ._151, Jan 27, 2020.

1. ._151 Win User

Word ribbon flashing

And the normal.dotm file icon has an exclamation mark, if that means anything. Does not flash when safestarted.

:)

._151, Jan 27, 2020

2. How do I add a custom word to the auto correct function when typing?

When you type the word you wish to add, tap the word to highlight it, then in the suggestion ribbon you'll see the word at the left with a "+" in front of it. Tap the word and it'll be added.

I have done that many times and the only effect I've seen is that the word doesn't show underlined anymore. I never see the word added to the list of suggestions or correcting what I write. Is there anything in particular that needs to be done?

Beethovenian, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Remove Mode Ribbon

Hi Rudypoop. Welcome to the TenForums @RudyPoop

That doesn't look like a Microsoft Ribbon. If you right click on it, just left of the word Auto but not on arrow does it give you a name? Does it give you options or settings?

If you click on Ribbon arrow are any of the options settings.

It is likely being started in your Startup tab within task manager. Look for a name like Toolbar, System Status. If you post a screen shot of the names in startup tab members could help suggest root program.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Steven Win User

Word ribbon flashing

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Word ribbon flashing

1. Word ribbon flashing - Similar Threads - Word ribbon flashing

2. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  3. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  4. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard ribbon: Alright I'm not sure how else to find out the information I need so I'm asking anyone that can help me out. The ribbon that connects to my keyboard is damaged when I go to order part to replace it what am I looking for. The ribbon by itself or ribbon connected to what. Please...
  6. Hover ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hover ribbon: When I hover, a ribbon pops up at the bottom of the screen, as seen in the screenshot. Blue on Edge and Google Chrome, white on Firefox less disturbing. I don't know what it's called, so I couldn't find any reference about it. How can I disable it? I have Windows 10, 21H1....
  7. Hover ribbon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hover ribbon: When I hover, a ribbon pops up at the bottom of the screen, as seen in the screenshot. Blue on Edge and Google Chrome, white on Firefox less disturbing. I don't know what it's called, so I couldn't find any reference about it. How can I disable it? I have Windows 10, 21H1....
  8. Selections for Ribbon!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selections for Ribbon!: Hello community!I worked with windows and it's applications kinda a lot! The new "Ribbon" of windows explorer has very cool features, but it's missing a one! And that is a section for "SELECTIONS"! I would put it somewhere next to "Layout" ! Featuring file selecting types...
  9. Ribbon Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ribbon Colour: How can I change the colour of the icon ribbon at the bottom of the screen? The option to do it is greyed out and it stubbornly remains a pale grey no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ribbon-colour/1d0c608b-36a8-4d3f-b9bb-62f37bc78dec
  10. Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10: In Windows 7 it was easy to increase the font size if the ribbon in MS Office Word: Right click the desktop / personalize + 2 more clicks and a window opens where you can change each and every part of the window: Title bar font size and color, menu font size, icon size, etc...