Windows 10: Word Searches

Discus and support Word Searches in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I am experiencing the following problem on a Dell Latitude E 5570 laptop; If I do a word search for a specific word in any Adobe; WPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shaun ZAR, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Shaun ZAR Win User

Word Searches

Hi there,

I am experiencing the following problem on a Dell Latitude E 5570 laptop; If I do a word search for a specific word in any Adobe; WPS Office; Doc Search; Ultra File Opener or any other downloadable file opener, it yeilds a no results despite the word being displayed on the document.

Note that this occurs with commonly used words such as "the"

Please assist, 'cos it's extremely frustratiing and annoying trying to read hunderds of pages in a document to find one relevant section.

Thanking you in advance.

NB: Not sure if this is related but, recently I have noticed the my screen blanks out for a few seconds.

:)

Shaun ZAR, Sep 11, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 11, 2019
  3. RickC Win User
    Search

Can you be a little bit more specific about "I tried that"?

Did you:

1. Try the first suggestion?
    2. Try the second suggestion?
    3. Try both suggestions?
    4. Restart your PC/laptop/device after making each change (so the change would take effect)?
    Help us to help you...

RickC, Sep 11, 2019
  4. fussybob Win User

Word Searches

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Word Searches

1. Word Searches - Similar Threads - Word Searches

2. Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.: Amipro had a neat Smarticon, which would search for text in any of its documents. This was different for the Smartican which would search for text within the document. If you were trying to find a document in Amipro that you knew had the word "itinerary" in it, you would...
  3. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro: When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILLl find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam) FILES with that search word, but unlike WORD documents, will NOT find the file CONTAINING the word. For instance, if I search for PIANO, Windows 10 search...
  4. Searching more than one word in content does not display search results

in Cortana
    Searching more than one word in content does not display search results: Hi all, When searching for file names, results are displayed immediately. Performing a content search with one word only also works as expected. If I type two or more words which are containing in my files there are no results. My files are indexed and for both .doc and...
  5. Search bar has white text when you type, and prediction words are green.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar has white text when you type, and prediction words are green.: How do I just make both the text in the search bar black? with the white text I can't see and the green text just looks odd to me. High contrast is not on.[ATTACH]...
  6. How do I search for a file containing certain words in the name?

How do I search for a file containing certain words in the name?: What steps do I follow to search for a file on my computer/drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-search-for-a-file-containing-certain/5f25bdfb-e98b-46e5-9a07-dfdcca8dcc22"
  7. Add search criteria in Word 2013

Add search criteria in Word 2013: In Word 2013 I need to know how to add search criteria. Ex. I want to search my computer for all documents I've created in word saved as Purchase Agreement, in addition to those containing the word acre and created on or after January 1, 2018. In Word 2003 I was able to do...
  8. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...
  9. How do I search all of my documents for a specific word in new laptop plus Office 365? Used...

How do I search all of my documents for a specific word in new laptop plus Office 365? Used...: How do I search all of my documents for a specific word? Can't find where to look in new laptop plus Office 365. I used to do it regularly in windows 7....
  10. How do I search my computer for words within a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I search my computer for words within a file?: Couldn't follow the instructions on Google. I'm looking for a file with the words "Richard" and "quality" in it. Should be simple - but not for me. Could someone please guide me (exactly) on how to perform this search with screenshots? By the way, this file could also be the...