Windows 10: Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads.

Discus and support Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About 3 weeks ago, Office automatically uploads and MS Word starts when Windows 10 loads. I've tried following; Click Start, type File Explorer, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by praslee, Sep 23, 2020.

1. praslee Win User

Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads.

About 3 weeks ago, Office automatically uploads and MS Word starts when Windows 10 loads. I've tried following;

1. Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press Enter.
    2. On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View tab.
    3. Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option under the Advanced settings section and click Apply > OK to save the changes.
    4. Go to this folder path: C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
    5. On the Startup folder, click the Word application, and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

At the stage 5, no folders appear on the screen with a sentence " This folder is empty." Office professional plus 2019 is installed on C: and registered and activated. What would be the possible reason for this symptom and solutions?

:)

praslee, Sep 23, 2020
  2. pete39 Win User

Word document automatically loads at start up.

Every time I start my laptop the same Word document automatically loads on the desktop.

I have uninstalled all of Microsoft Office/Word hoping that would do the trick, sadly it did not because now when I reboot the same document loads, but this time in Wordpad.

Also the spell check doesn't work in Word and Wordpad anymore.

Specs: Windows 10, Microsoft Word 2010. Virus and Malware checks reveal nothing out of the ordinary. Disk check done.
    Word has not been reinstalled yet.

Any ideas please how I can fix this Word document automatically loading at start up?

pete39, Sep 23, 2020
  3. JOE1865 Win User
    Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Sep 23, 2020
  4. GJM1969 Win User

Word opening automatically on startup (windows 10)

Hello

In the last few days only, Word has opened automatically when my computer starts up. I have read other threads on a similar subject and have already checked for the following:

1. Task Manager (Start Up) - Word does not appear in this list

2. Regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) - checked and there is no string with Word in it.

Neither of these steps works.

If anyone knows of another solution, then please advise.

GJM

GJM1969, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Word starts automatically when Windows 10 loads. - Similar Threads - Word starts automatically

2. When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...: When i run a game the load screen appears normally but then it close automatically and that happens in other programs but not all some games and programs works normally and that's why i'm so confused. If anyone have an answer please let me know....
  3. When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...: When i run a game the load screen appears normally but then it close automatically and that happens in other programs but not all some games and programs works normally and that's why i'm so confused. If anyone have an answer please let me know....
  4. When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  6. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  7. Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up

Word launches automatically after Windows 10 starts up: After the computer boots up, Word launches automatically with 4 or more new word documents opening up. Searched internet and MS but found old fixes that did not work with my version of Windows 10. Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 I was able to correct the...
  8. Windows 10 will not load automatically

Windows 10 will not load automatically: Greetings! This is surely my own fault, but I tried re-formatting a thumbdrive loaded with music, and it messed up with Windows completely. Now when I turn on the computer, the Hewlett Packard blue screen appears, but instead of going straight to Windows 10, it reverts back...
  9. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...
  10. Word document automatically loads at start up.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word document automatically loads at start up.: Thanks, that's done the trick. *Smile