Windows 10: Word starts on startup.

Discus and support Word starts on startup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I asked before, got an answer which worked and can't find it now. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanChase, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Word starts on startup.

I asked before, got an answer which worked and can't find it now. Thank you

:)

JonathanChase, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 2, 2020
  3. JOE1865 Win User
    Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Word starts on startup.

Word opening automatically on startup (windows 10)

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. On the other hand, there is another way of adding or removing a program on the startup. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you verify if the
    Word application is included in the list of programs in the
    Startup
    folder of the system through the File Explorer
    and then delete it. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View tab.
    • Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option under the
      Advanced settings section and click Apply > OK
      to save the changes.
    • Go to this folder path: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
    • On the Startup folder, click the Word application, and then press the
      Delete key on your keyboard.
    • Once you’re done, you may check if you’re able to remove the program from the startup.

Note: You may be prompted for an administrator password and confirmation of the changes that require administrative rights. Provide the password and confirm to proceed. Please make sure that you follow the steps with care to avoid any
    issues.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Word starts on startup.

1. Word starts on startup. - Similar Threads - Word starts startup

2. Word opens on startup of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word opens on startup of Windows: It happened ocassionally under W.10 and now after the update to W.11 I'm still finding that Word opens blank page when Windows starts.Not every time, but it shouldn't happen and it's annoying.What's causing it, & more to the point how can it be stopped?Tnx....
  3. Word opens on startup of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word opens on startup of Windows: It happened ocassionally under W.10 and now after the update to W.11 I'm still finding that Word opens blank page when Windows starts.Not every time, but it shouldn't happen and it's annoying.What's causing it, & more to the point how can it be stopped?Tnx....
  4. Browser starts at the startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser starts at the startup: I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the...
  5. Word opens upon Windows startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word opens upon Windows startup: In the last few days, WORD has opened upon Windows startup. I've checked startup in Task Manager and Word is not there. Windows 10 is updated. I've run a virus scan. The only solutions I can find are from 2017. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks & be safe....
  6. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  7. Word will not start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word will not start: It crashes with an error code Oxc0000142. Thank you for your attention https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-will-not-start/668ba802-b514-4617-845d-3a265997d2d7"
  8. Word is always in windows startup menu

Word is always in windows startup menu: I cannot remove word from the Windows startup menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-is-always-in-windows-startup-menu/fb30ddcb-9333-47be-969e-b74030e88588
  9. Word/Excel opening on startup, odd?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word/Excel opening on startup, odd?: When I use Word or Excel one day, and when I've finished on my pc for the day and shut down. The next day when I switch the PC on, a blank Word or Excel sheet (whichever I used last the day before) will open on up on my screen on startup without me touching anything. Is this...
  10. Startup in Start

Startup in Start: I installed Windows 10 just an hour ago and already got a problem! The 'Start' menu of Windows 7 has a 'Startup' function. I have been looking for an equivalent application in Windows 10 but could not find any. Did Microsoft decide to eliminate this function or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does word open automatically