Windows 10: Word to PDF

Discus and support Word to PDF in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there anyway to convert WORD to PDF directly from Windows Explorer without having to open and save as PDF? If not, Microsoft can we add that option?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by User_583, Jan 25, 2023.

1. User_583 Win User

Word to PDF

Is there anyway to convert WORD to PDF directly from Windows Explorer without having to open and save as PDF? If not, Microsoft can we add that option?

:)

User_583, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Bluewind Win User
    Reading pdf files in Word

How can I use Word 2013 and Word 365 to open a .pdf file? If I right click on the .pdf file and choose Open With, no Word exist in the list.

Thank you.

Bluewind, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Word to PDF

Converting Word to a PDF issues

That shouldn't happen.

When you use SaveAs in Word {as opposed to just Save}, it should bring up its mini-explorer dialog so you can
    - choose the location & filename you want
    - choose the SaveAs type [i.e. format] you want, in this case pdf

Word to PDF 361705d1646836095t-converting-word-pdf-issues-word-saveas.png

- click on the save button [covered by the dropdown list in my diagram].

At which step is yours going wrong?

[Your dialog will be roughly the same as mine but will probably look a bit prettier - I'm still on Word 2007]

It occurs to me that you might have installed some third-party utility to convert files to pdf using a 'virtual printer'. Word does a much better job than any of them do.
    - That third-party utility might incorrectly be trying to connect to your turned-off printer rather than its own 'virtual printer' and that's why you are getting that strange response.

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

Word to PDF

1. Word to PDF - Similar Threads - Word PDF

2. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  3. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  4. Please, Please, Please help me! I cannot double click and open a PDF, word doc, excel doc,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please, Please, Please help me! I cannot double click and open a PDF, word doc, excel doc,...: Please, Please, Please help me! For quite some time now, and many many trouble shooting times, my Windows 10 on my laptop will not open most apps by double clicking on a file. The file associations are correct. I can double click on a jpg, for instance, and it will open. I...
  5. Please, Please, Please help me! I cannot double click and open a PDF, word doc, excel doc,...

Please, Please, Please help me! I cannot double click and open a PDF, word doc, excel doc,...: Please, Please, Please help me! For quite some time now, and many many trouble shooting times, my Windows 10 on my laptop will not open most apps by double clicking on a file. The file associations are correct. I can double click on a jpg, for instance, and it will open. I...
  6. Please, Please, Please help me! I cannot double click and open a PDF, word doc, excel doc,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Opening BitLocker-encrypted word/pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening BitLocker-encrypted word/pdf files: I have tried to open my pdf/word files, which were all encrypted by BitLocker. I unlocked my file drives using my passwords. Yet all my pdf/word/PowerPoint files remain encrypted and can't open. It replies access is denied. Based on the recommendations I received from...
  8. Opening BitLocker-encrypted word/pdf files

Opening BitLocker-encrypted word/pdf files: I have tried to open my pdf/word files, which were all encrypted by BitLocker. I unlocked my file drives using my passwords. Yet all my pdf/word/PowerPoint files remain encrypted and can't open. It replies access is denied. Based on the recommendations I received from...
  9. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  10. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...