Windows 10: Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.

Discus and support Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to use Word. After clicking the icon Word opens and then immediately closes back down, won't remain open for use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LynnJefferies, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.

Trying to use Word. After clicking the icon Word opens and then immediately closes back down, won't remain open for use.

:)

LynnJefferies, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Apr 26, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.

Open office VS Word 2007

Ah, that sucks then.. Have you tried recreating it in Open Office?

Mindweaver, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.

1. Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down. - Similar Threads - Word stay open

2. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately: Windows 10.All was working fine but now the Microsoft store is not opening or opens and shuts down immediately.I tried all the suggestions, more than once, such as :-1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter 2. Change Your Date and Time Settings 3. Disable Your Proxy 4. Clear...
  3. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately: Windows 10.All was working fine but now the Microsoft store is not opening or opens and shuts down immediately.I tried all the suggestions, more than once, such as :-1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter 2. Change Your Date and Time Settings 3. Disable Your Proxy 4. Clear...
  4. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Will not stay Shut-down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Will not stay Shut-down: Hi all, My PC shuts down normallyEdit : I mean fans,screen,keyboard lights,HDD and Power light, all turn off , but after 5 Seconds it will start by itself this goes also fro sleep and hibernate I have tried the following methods to resolve the issue but to no avail : 1...
  6. drop-down menus won't stay open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    drop-down menus won't stay open.: I've noticed that when I click on drop-down menus they close themselves quickly. I've already run SFC and it hasn't come up with any problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus-wont-stay-open/1a4827af-35be-411d-9370-a292b4a12625
  7. Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I cannot access old word files nor can I open new ones I have received. It appears to open and quickly closes. I can see a note in yellow across the top of the page but it all quickly disappears....
  8. Open exactly as shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Open exactly as shut down: I have a strange question: Suppose I have four files, all PDF, from four different folders open in my PDF Reader when I am ready to shut down my laptop for the night. In the morning I have to open the PDF Reader and then open the same four files from the four different...
  9. Mail App Opens and shut down

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Opens and shut down: I have been using the Mail app for a couple of week now. I have two accounts - one a Gmail account and one a POP3 account. They have both been working fine. All of a sudden, when I open the Mail app, it sits for about 3 seconds and then closes. I cannot bring up settings as...
  10. IE will not stay open; it shuts down.

in Browsers and Email
    IE will not stay open; it shuts down.: I've had this problem for a while -- the browser just quits. Sometimes it will return, but only for a short time. This is making it impossible to get any work done. 91039

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word will not open in windows 10

2. word loads then shuts down