Windows 10: Word won't print in color

Discus and support Word won't print in color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm working on my laptop and everything prints in color, EXCEPT Microsoft Word. I have printed from webpages, other apps, as well as printed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TandyKellogg, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Word won't print in color

Hello,

I'm working on my laptop and everything prints in color, EXCEPT Microsoft Word. I have printed from webpages, other apps, as well as printed a test page from my printer, so I know the problem is not with my printer. When I explore printer settings and preferences, I don't see an option for greyscale vs color. Please advise. Thank you.

:)

TandyKellogg, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Color printing

I would suggest the following steps:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

Rick2021, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Surface Pro won't print in color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while trying to print in color while using Surface Pro.​​ As you have mentioned that you are able to print in greyscale, it is possible that printer settings are set to print in greyscale. We will certainly assist
    you with this issue.

However, we would like to know the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer that you are using?
    • Which application are you are using to print?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to check the printing preferences and check if the Print in Gray Scale option is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control printers and click on
      OK.
    3. Right click on the Printer that you are using, and select
      Printing Preferences.
    4. Navigate to the Color tab and select the option
      Print in color. (If you do not see Color tab, you may want to check the
      Advanced options and check if Print in Grayscale is
      off.)
    5. Click on OK and check if you are able to print in color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Word won't print in color

printer won't print in all colors

My HP printer won't print in color even when I select to print in color. all four ink colors are full. I've done a printer test print and the majority of the printed ink is magenta on the left and a black bar on the right. Would you suggest that I do an
    update on my Windows 10 or just an update on the printer?

VitoLomonaco, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Word won't print in color

1. Word won't print in color - Similar Threads - Word won't print

2. printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer won't print in color: I've read all the potential fixes for not being able to print pictures etc. in color. Are there any NEW fixes anyone can suggest? And how do I know if it's the printer or Microsoft that is the issue? Thank you....
  3. Printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer won't print in color: I am using Windows 10 and nothing will print in color. It has been working fine up until a couple days ago. When I do a test print from my Office Jet 4655 printer it prints color, but when I do it from anywhere on my computer it will not. I have verified all of my printer...
  4. Printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer won't print in color: I am using Windows 10 and nothing will print in color. It has been working fine up until a couple days ago. When I do a test print from my Office Jet 4655 printer it prints color, but when I do it from anywhere on my computer it will not. I have verified all of my printer...
  5. Color printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color printer won't print in color: My HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn no longer prints color from my computer; however, if another person prints from their computer, it will be in color. Under properties, it shows Color: NO. How do I change that? I am working in Windows 10. It also, about the same time my color...
  6. Laptop won't print in color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't print in color: All of a sudden, my laptop Dell Latitude E5410 won't print in color to our printer HP Envy 4520. When i select to print in color it just prints black. From our desktop computer and iphones it has no problem printing in color. Please assist....
  7. printer won't print in color

printer won't print in color: my hp printer won't print in color without reinstalling the printer each time on my new Lenovo laptop. It prints from EVERY other device with NO problems. it only prints in black and white from this one. Can't figure out why. everyone says it sounds like it's missing a...
  8. Word not printing in color - printer okay

Word not printing in color - printer okay: "Color was changed due to a conflict with another printer setting." I can not find the other setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-printing-in-color-printer-okay/06ad4c02-d7d5-4a55-b5a1-2c9785a03fff
  9. document not printing in color in word

document not printing in color in word: created a word doc and set it to print in color. only prints in grayscale. tried two different computers. new color cartridge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-not-printing-in-color-in-word/73a2ad12-9153-43d2-81a8-56d6c913d2d0
  10. Cannot print Word document in color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot print Word document in color: I've checked everything on my printer - all cartridges are full color included, cleaned , aligned and printing a test prints in color - but I cannot get my word document to print in color. I've checked properties, etc....