Windows 10: Word

Discus and support Word in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I tied to replace all my Word docs with Libre office and followed all the steps. I changed the default to .doc and the font to a MS one. When I used... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by maranna, Oct 8, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

Word

I tied to replace all my Word docs with Libre office and followed all the steps. I changed the default to .doc and the font to a MS one.
    When I used the wizard to convert the 268 files, it was a mixture of Word and Libre.
    I then performed a system recovery so I am OK but, why did this happen?
    What did I do wrong. My Word security runs out in 2020 so I thought I would give Libre Office a shot and get used to it. I guess it is $ 160.

:)

maranna, Oct 8, 2018

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 8, 2018
  3. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 8, 2018
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

Word

How do you type a word like "Crossway" with word flow?

Word Flow will typically suggest common words, and will only list the first eleven commonest matching words in the suggestion bar. I find that it's almost impossible to live my life through Word Flow, but it picks up the vast majority of common words
    very satisfactorily.

[ Pete ], Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Word

1. Word - Similar Threads - Word

2. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  3. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  4. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD: Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom...
  5. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD: Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom...
  6. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  8. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  9. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  10. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....