Windows 10: Word

Discus and support Word in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I tied to replace all my Word docs with Libre office and followed all the steps. I changed the default to .doc and the font to a MS one. When I used... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by maranna, Oct 8, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

Word

I tied to replace all my Word docs with Libre office and followed all the steps. I changed the default to .doc and the font to a MS one.
    When I used the wizard to convert the 268 files, it was a mixture of Word and Libre.
    I then performed a system recovery so I am OK but, why did this happen?
    What did I do wrong. My Word security runs out in 2020 so I thought I would give Libre Office a shot and get used to it. I guess it is $ 160.

:)

maranna, Oct 8, 2018

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 8, 2018
  3. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 8, 2018
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

Word

How do you type a word like "Crossway" with word flow?

Word Flow will typically suggest common words, and will only list the first eleven commonest matching words in the suggestion bar. I find that it's almost impossible to live my life through Word Flow, but it picks up the vast majority of common words
    very satisfactorily.

[ Pete ], Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Word

1. Word - Similar Threads - Word

2. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro: When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILLl find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam) FILES with that search word, but unlike WORD documents, will NOT find the file CONTAINING the word. For instance, if I search for PIANO, Windows 10 search...
  3. What would be the commands for running Word and Excel?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What would be the commands for running Word and Excel?: Because with troubleshooting and I had to kill off Windows Explorer, that I would be needing the Word app then, so what would be the command I have to key-in the task manager? Also with Excel? TIA....
  4. Can Word and Excel be opened while in safe mode?

Can Word and Excel be opened while in safe mode?: So I couldn’t use it then while in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-word-and-excel-be-opened-while-in-safe-mode/04693d51-91dd-4618-b88a-214f54f94f85
  5. Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change Word/Outloook panes from bright white to gray?: White hurts my eyes when I stare at it all day. I changed the Office Theme to Dark Gray, and when that didn't change the background for a page in Outlook or Word, I changed it to black which still didn't have much of an effect on the color of the page. I've managed to...
  6. blue circle on Word desktop shortcut

blue circle on Word desktop shortcut: why is there a blue circle on word shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-circle-on-word-desktop-shortcut/83b1a842-1bf3-4c68-9a5e-5caa4e57697f
  7. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...
  8. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...
  9. Microsoft Word Error message

in Cortana
    Microsoft Word Error message: For the past 3 to 4 days I cannot open some of the documents saved in my computer that are on Microsoft Word. I keep getting the message that reads like: "We're sorry, bur Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as...
  10. muicrosoft ultimate word games bomb defusal won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    muicrosoft ultimate word games bomb defusal won't load: On Daily Challenges, Bomb Defusal freezes at "LOADING". The other 2 games load and play just fine????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/muicrosoft-ultimate-word-games-bomb-defusal-wont/cd5ec2bf-0290-48c6-9076-59e59a2b1b2a