Windows 10: wordpad crash

Discus and support wordpad crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; wordpad crash on startup I fixed this by using control panel to change my default printer to Microsoft Print to PDF, the printer that caused the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulWay, Apr 17, 2020.

1. PaulWay Win User

wordpad crash

wordpad crash on startup

I fixed this by using control panel to change my default printer to Microsoft Print to PDF, the printer that caused the crash was a domain printer.

also it would be nice if the login screen was ready when the windows start chime has played.

:)

PaulWay, Apr 17, 2020

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Apr 17, 2020
  4. TaticPT Win User

wordpad crash

Wordpad

I did uninstalled it by accident and when I tried to open it, it says "Could not create new document"

TaticPT, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

wordpad crash

1. wordpad crash - Similar Threads - wordpad crash

2. How to download WordPad in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download WordPad in window 11: How to download WordPad in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-wordpad-in-window-11/b398f1b4-2878-41d8-a5a3-ae37f3b4e86d
  3. How to download WordPad in window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download WordPad in window 11: How to download WordPad in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-wordpad-in-window-11/b398f1b4-2878-41d8-a5a3-ae37f3b4e86d
  4. Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon: I was in the process of typing up a workout plan, and somehow the document has turned into an endless paragraph. Instead, I would like it to be divided into pages for better readability and organization. Currently, the lack of page breaks is making it difficult to navigate...
  5. Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon

Wordpad looks like a long white endless ribbon: I was in the process of typing up a workout plan, and somehow the document has turned into an endless paragraph. Instead, I would like it to be divided into pages for better readability and organization. Currently, the lack of page breaks is making it difficult to navigate...
  6. how can i download to "wordpad 10" so I can get it on my computer.

how can i download to "wordpad 10" so I can get it on my computer.: Directions I tried has left me with no app on my computer. Am a real rookie trying to get the "wordpad 10" onto my computer. I need a step by every step description. Thanks,Mark...
  7. P.C crashed did not save WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P.C crashed did not save WordPad: I've been working on a project in WordPad the last week. My P.C suddenly shut down due to battery issues and when it rebooted it downloaded the newest version of windows, deleting my WordPad. At no point did I save it. I've found the .tmp Wera877 file but when I open it I get...
  8. Computer crashed during restart, wordpad document that I saved with 10,000+ words is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer crashed during restart, wordpad document that I saved with 10,000+ words is blank: I had a story I had written in a wordpad document and I saved it before I had to restart because File explorer was being unresponsive. During restart, the computer crashed not sure if this is the right terminology but it's the blue background message with the unhappy smiley...
  9. Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows

Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows: I had a whole bunch of Wordpad windows open with tons of REALLY important notes and reminders, which I DESPERATELY need to get back. None of it was saved, it was just sitting there. Is there ANY way I can have ANY hope of getting that stuff back?
  10. Windows 10 Notepad Wordpad App crash on landscape mode

Windows 10 Notepad Wordpad App crash on landscape mode: This is advice on what my original post was looking into but was locked for some reason. To recite the original problem, I was switching from portrait to landscape mode in the Page Setup settings and the app would crash. I found that the problem was with the default...