Windows 10: Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default.

Discus and support Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default . Need help: How to get back my Wordpad default template. (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skip3119, Jun 15, 2019.

1. skip3119 Win User

Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default.

My Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default .

Need help:

How to get back my Wordpad default template. (I don't want my template to be WORD.)

Thank you very much.

:)

skip3119, Jun 15, 2019
  2. HVWB Win User

Cannot select Wordpad as default for .rtf files

I am running windows 10. When I go into settings>apps & features and look for Wordpad it is not listed. If I go to settings>default apps>Choose default apps by file type and find the rtf file type and click on it wordpad is NOT listed. Yet I can go to
    my windows app list under Windows Accessories and wordpad is listed. I can launch it and create files so it is installed. If I click on the rtf file that was just created from wordpad it will not launch Wordpad. How can I correct this problem?

3. Cannot select Wordpad as default for .rtf files

Hello!

Follow these steps to set your default application when launching .rtf files.

1. Right click where you want to create a new rich text file (.rtf).

2. Click New > Rich Text Document

3. Give your document a name; anything is fine.

4. Right click your newly created document

5. Click "Open with..."

6. Check "Always use this app to open .rtf files"

7. If WordPad is not already listed, you will need to find it in your PC's program files. To do this, follow Step 7a-7d.

7a. Scroll down and click "Look for another app on this PC"

7b. When the file explorer opens, find the folder "Windows NT" and double click it.

7c. Double click "Acessories"

7d. Double click "WordPad"

Your new file that you created should open in WordPad.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice day!

-Jared

JaredShaver, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

word to wordpad

It seems quite common these days that new PCs come with Word as the default association for documents as a 'advert' to try and get you to buy Word. It is easy to change the default association to Wordpad.

Wordpad files will not allow write permission.

Thema:

1. Wordpad default template (create or edit in RTF) suddenly becomes Word default. - Similar Threads - Wordpad default template

2. I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word: Word has expired for me. I am not paying $99 a year to renew it. Therefore, it blocked me from doing everything so I tried to switch to Wordpad. Now, every time that I use Wordpad, it saves it as Word and there is no option to change that. When I open it even after changing...
  3. I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word: Word has expired for me. I am not paying $99 a year to renew it. Therefore, it blocked me from doing everything so I tried to switch to Wordpad. Now, every time that I use Wordpad, it saves it as Word and there is no option to change that. When I open it even after changing...
  4. I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set WordPad as default

Set WordPad as default: That worked fine BUT when I reopened the document I was experimenting with it opened in Microsoft WORD by Default - having closed that I was able to then search for the file and then reopen - by right clicking and instructing the PC to open another app as WORDPAD was not...
  6. .rtf default app

.rtf default app: When I try to set the default app for .rtf files to my word processor, the processor icon does not appear in the list of options, although the associated spreadsheet program does. How do I force the processor app?...
  7. Word defaults

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word defaults: Can someone tell me how to change, permanently, the default font and size for Word in Office 2019? I refer specifically to the blank document that shows up whenever you start the program. I hate 11 point Calibri. Help. Please?...
  8. WordPad won't save in RTF.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad won't save in RTF.: Hello, Need some help with a problem that started 4 days ago. This never happened before ever with any computer or any OS. WordPad won't save copied and pasted text in RTF. format, not even in Plain text format. Error message says: "File not found" "Check the file name and...
  9. Windows 10, how to select Word Pad as default app for rtf file

Windows 10, how to select Word Pad as default app for rtf file: In my Windows 10 settings, I wish to select WordPad as the default app for rtf file, but WordPad is not listed as a possible rtf file default app. I have seen from other Questions & Answers that in such a case, "Look for another app on this PC" should be selected followed...
  10. How to change the default Music template

How to change the default Music template: It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10. I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current and any new Music folders are correct automatically. I don't want to do it manually--painful for many hundreds of folders, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wordpad template.rtf