Windows 10: Wordpad document randomly lost some content

Discus and support Wordpad document randomly lost some content in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. One of my wordpad documents, which I update regularly, has suddenly lost a couple days worth of content, despite the fact that I know I saved it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDKray, Mar 16, 2020.

1. JDKray Win User

Wordpad document randomly lost some content

Hi.

One of my wordpad documents, which I update regularly, has suddenly lost a couple days worth of content, despite the fact that I know I saved it the last time I had it open. This isn't the first time it's happened to one of my documents, but it is the first time it's happened on this PC. I have Windows 10.

Shadowexplorer was a program I'd use in the past when something like this would happen, but that doesn't appear to work on Windows 10, so it's no longer a solution.

The most recent update to my computer was a couple days ago, so I suspect perhaps that had something to do with this?

What could I do? Would a system restore attempting to go back prior to this latest upgrade bring back my missing content? I did not save this document to a backup so I'm hoping there is another way to get back the lost information.

:)

JDKray, Mar 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Hi Mike

If RTF documents are opening in Word:

Right click an RTF document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Wordpad should be in that list . . .

Choosing Wordpad form one of those lists will reset the file associations on RTF documents and they should then automatically open in Wordpad . . .

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2020
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Wordpad document randomly lost some content [​IMG]

4. Wordpad document randomly lost some content

Losing document content on Wordpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and seems that the text color is changed from black to white.

Please check the below screenshot as we repro the issue on our lab machine.

Screenshot 1: Typed in Black text font.

Wordpad document randomly lost some content f11016c4-bd46-4a10-8895-a88c56d950ca?upload=true.jpg

Screenshot 2: Text color converted to white and not able to see anything in the document but the scroll bar is present.

Wordpad document randomly lost some content 6c1bd215-aed4-4c1b-97f5-ccc2dc847969?upload=true.jpg

In this scenario, you need to open the existing 60 page WordPad document and then perform these steps.

1. Click on the document and press
      Ctrl+A key from the keyboard to select the complete text in that document.
    2. Click on text
      font color and change it to Automatic/black from the ribbon.
    3. Then save the document.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Wordpad document randomly lost some content

1. Wordpad document randomly lost some content - Similar Threads - Wordpad document randomly

2. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  3. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  4. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wordpad document lost not saved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wordpad document lost not saved.: I was working on a project on Microsoft WordPad. At no point did I save this project. My computer crashed due to problems with the battery and then Windows 10 updated. This closed my WordPad document and I cant recover the file. I've tried searching for the .tmp but it's all...
  6. WordPad documents

WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  7. Losing document content on Wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing document content on Wordpad: I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy...
  8. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  9. WORDPAD DOCUMENT

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WORDPAD DOCUMENT: HOW CAN I EMAIL THE DOCUMENT I MADE IN WORDPAD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-document/d2ec3ac6-c4ba-425a-ad90-cb8bb0123709"
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...