Windows 10: Wordpad Document won't open in full

Discus and support Wordpad Document won't open in full in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have 2 Wordpad documents which are exactly the same size 20.6MB. One opens in full and the whole document is view-able, the other opens but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rebel1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. rebel1 Win User

Wordpad Document won't open in full

Hi Guys

I have 2 Wordpad documents which are exactly the same size 20.6MB.

One opens in full and the whole document is view-able, the other opens but only half the document is view-able although both are 20.6MB.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

rebel1, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Open documents in Wordpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better clarity on the issue:

• What type of document are you trying to open in WordPad?

If you are trying to open XML documents on your computer, then you can use in-built XPS viewer on the computer that will help you in opening the XML documents. To install XPS viewer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Manage optional features.
    4. Click on Add a feature.
    5. Scroll down, click on XPS viewer and click on
      Install.
    6. Once XPS viewer is installed, you can open the XML files in XPS viewer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document

Wordpad Document won't open in full [​IMG]

Wordpad Document won't open in full [​IMG]

I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document.
    --- The top of the document shows Word (Unlicensed product)
    --- The user does not want to install Microsoft Office 2016.

Is it possible to have WordPad open as WordPad in this situation?

I have 2 Windows 10 computers that were upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without any Microsoft Office or a Microsoft account on either one of them.
    --- I use WordPad on them and I don't recall having problems installing & using WordPad.
    --- Is the above issue because modern Windows 10 systems require Word 2016 in order to use WordPad which in turn would require a Microsoft account?

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. rotifer Win User

Open documents in Wordpad

I am unable to read a document in WordPad from a document. It has many letters, etc. The other documents I imported are fine. I note that is opened with Office Open XML. How do I get this other document changed to XML?

***Modified title from: I am trying to view a document in Wordpad***

rotifer, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Wordpad Document won't open in full - Similar Threads - Wordpad Document won't

2. how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?: change language on a document opened a wordpad doc it is in Chines need English thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-on-a-document-in-wordpad/403c1663-36d9-410b-9acf-12749dbb3ef8
  3. how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?: change language on a document opened a wordpad doc it is in Chines need English thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-on-a-document-in-wordpad/403c1663-36d9-410b-9acf-12749dbb3ef8
  4. WordPad documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  5. Documents won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents won't open: I had to reinstall Windows 10 had my Documents folder on my D drive. Windows is installed on C drive. Every time I try to open a document i get You do not have permission to open this doc. I am the admin and no other users. I tried every thing I could think of. Any ideas why...
  6. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  7. Blank Wordpad document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  8. WORDPAD DOCUMENT

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WORDPAD DOCUMENT: HOW CAN I EMAIL THE DOCUMENT I MADE IN WORDPAD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-document/d2ec3ac6-c4ba-425a-ad90-cb8bb0123709"
  9. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462
  10. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wordpad wont open all of document

2. cant open wordpad document

3. Wordpad document wont open

4. word pad documents wont open,
  5. email wont open because wordpad does not support this document