Windows 10: WordPad documents

Discus and support WordPad documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by douglasdouglasPO, Jan 6, 2021.

1. WordPad documents

Where do I find saved documents in WordPad?

Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

douglasdouglasPO, Jan 6, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Hi Mike

If RTF documents are opening in Word:

Right click an RTF document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Wordpad should be in that list . . .

Choosing Wordpad form one of those lists will reset the file associations on RTF documents and they should then automatically open in Wordpad . . .

DaveM121, Jan 6, 2021
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

WordPad documents [​IMG]

4. Mohan B P Win User

WordPad documents

How to Print a document in WordPad?

Hi Sondra,

To assist you better, let us know if you are facing any issues in printing the WordPad document.

We can print a document in WordPad in two ways,

• Open the WordPad document > Click on
      File
      option in the top left corner of the window > Click on
      Print option and select the printer from the list of printers.
    • Right-click on the WordPad document from the saved location
      >
      Click on Print > Input a file name and click on
      Save
      (If prompted).

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

WordPad documents

1. WordPad documents - Similar Threads - WordPad documents

2. how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?: change language on a document opened a wordpad doc it is in Chines need English thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-on-a-document-in-wordpad/403c1663-36d9-410b-9acf-12749dbb3ef8
  3. how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?: change language on a document opened a wordpad doc it is in Chines need English thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-on-a-document-in-wordpad/403c1663-36d9-410b-9acf-12749dbb3ef8
  4. Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...: I created a file in Wordpad with Windowes 7. I didn't save it at any time. It's a very important file for a petition and when I changed screens just to do a Google spell check I returned and the file was gone...completely. I knew approximately the exact time it happened so...
  5. Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...

Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...: I created a file in Wordpad with Windowes 7. I didn't save it at any time. It's a very important file for a petition and when I changed screens just to do a Google spell check I returned and the file was gone...completely. I knew approximately the exact time it happened so...
  6. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT: I have tried the %appdata% -> Local -> Temp and then Date Modified but as I open each file into WordPad it just comes up with symbols. I have tried going to the WordPad Recent Documents which also doesn't show my unsaved course work.I have also tried WordPad properties ->...
  7. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT: I have tried the %appdata% -> Local -> Temp and then Date Modified but as I open each file into WordPad it just comes up with symbols. I have tried going to the WordPad Recent Documents which also doesn't show my unsaved course work.I have also tried WordPad properties ->...
  8. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?: When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version....
  10. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?: When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version....